Need help on my pc build

This is my build for a new pc to play wow with but im no nerd at this stuff, is this good or do i need to change things?

Power Supply

1 x Corsair RM750x 750W

Processor

1 x Intel Core i7 9700k 3.6Ghz Turbo 4.9Ghz

Processor Cooler

1 x Coolermaster MasterAir MA410P

RAM

1 x 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz (2 x 16GB)

Motherboard

1 x Asus PRIME Z390-P

Graphics Card

1 x Nvidia GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti 6GB

Hard Drive

1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

That’ll do… I would suggest using an SSD as a boot drive, though - Windows & anything else you have installed on it will boot /load faster.

EDIT:
Looking at the components to see if I can find a better balance; £300+ on a CPU & <£40 (UK pricing) on a cooler for it looks like it can be bettered.

If you’re happy with the level of budget I’ll see what I can come up with as an alternative.

Anything is better than what im running atm as im around 5-15 fps in a bg or dungeon just makes it impossible to do group things. I can go up to 2000 pounds. Im no builder so i used ukgamingcomputers. They also made my current pc

£2000 just for a tower, or incl. screen k/b & mouse, too?

i got the accessories sorted already
Is 2k too much for a tower?

As a maximum, no… but at first glance, a 9700K is awful value.

Lemme see what they’re offering & see if I can put summat together.

this is what im running now

power supply: corsair cx500 500w
processor: intel core i3 3220 3.3ghz
processor cooler: stock manufacturer heatsink and fan
ram: 4gb corsair ddr3 xms3 1600mhz/pc12800
motherboard: asus p8b75-m lx
graphics card: nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 2gb
hard drive: seagate barracuda 500gb hard drive 7200rpm 16mb cache

OK; try this – based on their Hex system, but with the following upgrades:

RM 650W PSU (80+ Gold)
Hydro H100 cooler
16GB 3000Mhz RAM
Prime X570 mainboard
500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe (1st HDD)
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 (2nd HDD)

1 Like

Yeah; that’s starting to show its’ age…

1 Like

Based on the above, you still have room for a 750W PSU & another 16GB RAM, if you have a use case for them – WoW will still be OK, but your choice.

They don’t incl. Windows by default, so that’ll need adding, too…

id rather get a new one that I can get upgraded later as this is on its last legs it feels to me

My step-daughter has one of their machines, too… their 6-year warranty gives an upgrade service as part of it, but your system may be older than that & may need too much work to upgrade - if they will still do so - to make it worth doing, next to new.

yes it has been upgrade once already but I forgot to keep the box it came in so had a few problems sending it and receiving it

Your choice of case, aside… but the Fractal Design R6 is a reasonably priced - and tasteful - upgrade I would consider; depends what your thoughts on RGB’d to death PC’s is.

EDIT:
As above with the R6 case & Windows 10 is under one & a half… that should do you for a good few years.

1 Like

Well this has helped me a lot, thank you for your time and input it has been greatly appreciated.

NP - glad I could help.

if its not too much to ask could you build one on their and send me a link?

https ://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk /checkout/cart/configure/id/575126/product_id/2962/

Try that, w/o spaces.

1 Like

No will not let me see. the only thing I can suggest is to copy and paste all the info I would need on to here so I can input on the site if you are able to. like the system you based it off. I based mine off game specific for wow

I started with the AMD Ryzen 5 - based HEX system:

Edit to these parts…
Fractal Design R6 case
RM 750W PSU (80+ Gold)
Hydro H100i cooler
16GB 3000Mhz RAM
Prime X570 mainboard
500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe (1st HDD)
2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 (2nd HDD)

Add Windows 10 Home (near the bottom).

1 Like