Need help picking alt that fits lore-wise

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, this is my first time posting in the Lore category. Ive gotten INCREDIBLY bored of my paladin tank and im looking to roll an alt for BFA (and possibly beyond). i find alot of classes and specs fun but id ideally like my alt to fit with the BFA theme and story. so for example a DH wouldnt work for me even though i enjoy it. I was wondering which class/spec combos would be the best fit for me. one that ive been thinking about is shadow priest for all the old god void stuff happening and i suspect the next xpac will deal with that too. what do u guys think, and id love to hear suggestions/theories :slight_smile:

Yes you are correct this belongs in the roleplay section but to answer your question.

All raceā€™s and classes can be roleplay in having an interest.
Tauren druid might want to heal the land and for that this war must end as quickly as possible a Forsaken death knight wants to protect its new people.
A pandarian monk wants to tests its skill.
Anything is possible.

A few suggestions:
Based on the limeted information on your preferenceā€™s:
A night elf priestess of elune.
Bringing her shadowy vengenceā€™s of elune to the horde.
Forsaken warlock.
Power at any cost, summoning entire demon armies to bring down the dark ladies enemy.
A void elf mage who left the horde because it was getting to uncivilized.

Whatever you pick i would suggest you pick a range caster.
The compleet opiside of a paladin tank.
A refreshing playstyle.

1 Like

As Malaficus said, any class/race combo can fit though some better than others. My personal favourites and reasons why are;

Undead Warlock ā€“ Like a Ferrari in red, itā€™s just meant to be. Warlocks are the casters than traded out their morals for power. Undead are renowned for having the least morals out of any of the playable races. Thereā€™s also the narrative that many of the less benevolent undead are actively trying to inflict a portion of their own suffering onto others. Triple dotting is truly inflicting sufferingā€¦

Goblin Shaman ā€“ You like money? Good. You know where the big bucks are at? Real estate. You know what helps that? Controlling the elements. Need a fancy overlook? Just raise or lower whatever you need. Want a pool? You got the freshest water! Neighbour got a better place? Earthquake! ā€“ In jest of course but really I love the idea that the ever profit seeking tiny terrors that are goblins were able to work out a deal with the elements. Though it makes sense, theyā€™ve got the best deals anywhere!

Orc Warrior ā€“ Really just hearing the battle cry of some of the mightiest warriors of the orcs is enough. Live by these words Lokā€™Tar Ogar.

Blood Elf / Nightborne Mage ā€“ The most magically elite race with the most magically gifted class. I personally think this is an especially good combo for anyone who can identify with being a nerd IRL. If you can get super excited about something most people probably donā€™t care about and the details really matter to you then thatā€™s how I would typically envision this combo to be about magic. To me mages of most other races are ā€œif it works great, otherwise I donā€™t careā€ but these two would be obsessed with efficiency, combining effects, experimenting with different spell orders, etc.

Best of luck though

1 Like

OK, there are two three classes that work for me per race lore wise

Human: Paladins, rogue, Priests
Dwarves: Warriors, Priests, Hunters (best hunters in Alliance side imo)
Gnomes: Rogueā€¦ rogueā€¦ mage (?)
Night Elf: Druid, Rogue, Hunter, Mage, Priest, DH
Draenei: Paladins, Warriors, Priests
Worgen: Warrior, Rogue, Druid (anything that has to do with melee and not casting)

Orcs: Warriors, female rogues, Warlocks, Shamans
Trolls: Warlocks (vodoo magic), Shamans, Priests
Tauren: Druids, Warriors and Paladins
Forsaken: Rogue, Warlock, mage
Blood Elves: Casters, mainly mages

Allied races respectively to their original races.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Male Human/Worgen/Kul Tiran anything. Dab on them lesser races!

1 Like

Void elf priest or warlock .

Forsaken anything. If you wanna go all-in on the Hordeā€™s current theme.

Forsaken (every class)
Horde DK (every race possible)
Zandalari (works well)

everything else has morals and/or no reason to dislike the Alliance.

1 Like

You can go with whatever you like. If you are a fan of Sylvanas, then a Forsaken or Blood Elf Death Knight will work.
Iā€™m currently leveling a Blood Elf Death Knight because I love the Sanā€™layn.

If not, you can go with whatever you want.

Meow. Still though for the purposes of helping the OP any race can have reason to hate the other faction. After all it would come down to personal experience. For instance the alliance try to kill the playable goblin character for being a witness. Depending on the individual they may or may not hold the grudge.

Equally there are forsaken like archbishop Alonsus Faol.

No sane person can condone the burning of thousands of civilians with the reason ā€œthey might attack us in the future, maybe, someday, if they want toā€¦ā€.
The Warcampaign on Horde side is forsaken centred, with morals being thrown out of the window and everything being done to hurt the (self made) enemy.
Without being forsaken, deathknight or Zandalari there is noone with a reason
to fight the Alliance with the kind of warfare the Horde uses at the moment.
( Blight, Torture, Brainwashing, Sleeper Agents, bombarding cities etc.)

The Zandalari at least have a reason to fight the Alliance at this point in time.
Everyone else fought besides the Alliance a few months back, fraternized, made friends, even formed orders to fight the Legion because the Faction leaders didnā€™t get their butts up. I doubt they would burn the families of those who stood at their side without doubting their Leader (s)

1 Like

Seems like a different topic that what the OP is asking is all i will say.

1 Like

Itā€™s exactly what the OP is asking. An alt that fits the theme.
The theme in BfA on Horde side is tossing morals out of the window and being a genocidal maniac. To enjoy that story only a DK or Forsaken works. And Zandalari because they join after the whole genocide mess and have an actual reason to fight the Alliance.

[Edit] there is actually a thread ā€œwhat is your characters stance in this warā€ active presently with several horde characters for the war that do not match your descriptions.

When you are doing RP you get to decide the what and why. I feel like what you are saying is equivalent to saying that a certain perspective isnā€™t valid if you arenā€™t a particular race.

Of course you can bend a character of every race to work, but to fit the theme? not really.

thank you all for the insights and anwsers! theyve helped quite alot. currently debating between blood elf death knight or human shadow priest for the death/evil/void ā€˜ā€˜bigger pictureā€™ā€™ in this expansion and maybe? the one after it. i probably will end up choosing the human just because ive already played through the horde side of things for now. thanks again everyone, will keep all these things in mind for future characters especially the ideal class/race combos

I think playing alliance side is the best thing to do if you like the lore =)

what?
I dislike the Alliance for different reasons, and iā€™ll play horde as long as i want without someone telling me to go alliance because i dislike the current story development.

And going to this level of discussion shows that you seem to be out of arguments. My job is done.

Oh Iā€™m sorry that was meant to be in response to Kimberley

[Edit] but sure, I donā€™t mind discussing it if you want to.

Well Iā€™m not sure what you get up to in your spare time but my character is fighting a war against a force that not only possesses the greatest threat to us but actually initiated the war in Stormheim. Subsequent actions are a consequence of that instigation with no follow up negotiations to smooth the matter out.

Everyone is different and probably folks without much history with the alliance would have forgotten previous tensions and, as you say, formed friends. The idea that this is even the majority of the horde or alliance however doesnā€™t really add up. You need only look at how people treat each other on the forums to see the us and them mentality. You push that to the perspective of the characters we play where you have actually fought and killed each other itā€™s very unlikely that old wounds are forgiven and forgotten. So in that respect it makes more sense than not that more people are probably in favour of the war than not.

That being said, being in favour of the war does not mean you have to agree with every action your side makes. Of course the majority would probably feel at the very least conflicted with what happened to Teldrassil. However unfortunately for us that just means now the alliance has a good reason to come after us. Given we were already at war from a individual soldierā€™s point of view, nothing has changed. People that were coming to kill you are still coming to kill you. You can either fight or throw yourself at their mercy and hope for the best.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.