Need help with buying a gaming monitor

Hello! I need help with suggestions of what gaming monitor to buy (as my primary screen). I want a 27 monitor that is 165hz and preferably 1 ms if possible.

To add: I play FPS, and mainly MOBAs and MMORPG’s.

Thanks for any sort of help!

2 Likes

Gsync or Freesync?

Mainly Gsync. But Freesync is also fine.

I just got an acer, 27inch. Not quite the specs you want but it’s good enough for what I need so I’d recommend at least having a look at their gaming monitors.

Interesting, will take a look. My current monitor is MSI and I am honestly satisfied with the brand, but it’ll become my second screen so I want to upgrade for my primary.

I seem to be alternating between acer and msi right now, from the ones I’ve seen at least.

Using an Acer Predator myself right now but I’ve read and seen lots of good stuff about Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A and Gigabyte M27Q, either would probably be serious contenders if I was looking right now.

Should be plenty of youtube reviews out there, or written if you prefer.

I went ultrawide and I’ve got to say it has been the best single decision I have made for setup improvement in over 20 years of online gaming.

Works flawlessly with WoW.

The only issue I’ve had with it is Skyrim which can be fixed after a bit of faffing and overwatch because the devs hate cool things.

Everything else has worked really well and it has improved my experience gaming and working no end. I don’t think I could ever go back.

As i said in 20 years of gaming it has been the best single setup change I have made.

No disrespect meant!

But I wonder, do you really notice the difference between 144 and 165?

Perhaps I’m outdated.

I’m a 1080p 144hz old clown.

Perhaps in FPS since you mentioned that.

Trust me, I wish to learn of this new stuff. Got coin to spend and yeah I still play some cs on steam from time to time…

1 Like

Ultrawide seems nice. How does it comp with a extra monitor or two on the sides?
Seems those wide screens are LARGE.

1 Like

I got a Samsung odyssey g9 Neo 49” ultrawide 5120x1440p 240hz and hdr 10

It’s a monster and frankly I’m just here to boast

1 Like

I have a cheap Acer & its about 5 years old now, think my eyes are getting worse, Im leaning closer to it :rofl: 27’ x 14.5’ - cheapo from Argus - It will last forever.

1 Like

We like and accept your flex.

And since we think that you would like our basement storage, you are hereby invited a weekend at our deluxe basement storage.
Complete massage and spa included. And complete darkness, to save on electric bill and the planet ofc.

All free. Cheap frozen pizzas are as always included in the package.

Yo. Does everyone have me on ignore or what? :frowning:

I have two 24" gaming monitors. A few years old. 1080/144hz.
Nvidia dynamic lightning whatever.

Should I get a wide screen gaming monitor and put these two monitors on either side?

Coin action is not an issue. Just point me in the right direction. I’m bored and ebay/amazon has banned me.

Id go for LG UltraGear 27GP850-B 27" QHD- or
Samsung Odyssey G5 S27AG524 27

Both monitors are 1ms 165hz QHD.
Id go for samsung.
At moment i have lenovo 1ms 165hz QHD(2years).

Well first of all, you look truly amazing.

Second, can you notice the difference between 144 and 165hz?

I want to upgrade but only if it makes a noticeable difference you see

Clown is willing to upgrade from 1080p to the next step in resolution (1440p?)

Yes you will feel the difference after 144h. But going from 1080 to 1440 is def nr1 priority

1 Like

I’ve reached max likes but thank you.

So, I have two pretty nice and overpriced gaming monitors. Both 24" 144hz 1080p. Very pleased with them both.

Now, if I get one of those wide screen 1440p monitors, should I put my other two screens on either side? Or just keep one and mount to wall above the wide one?

Perhaps I should google and/or join a pc forum?

i have a 75hz and 165hz side by side and dont even notice the difference.

Both are MSI monitors which seem fine.
my main monitor is 32" which seems large at first but now dont want to miss it.
forgot the name though
funny enough is that i have QHD and FHD next to each other and cannot tell the difference either because most stuff you watch or play probably does not have this high res anyways.
i mainly play wow and some dated stuff but nothing with super high requirements to pc though

1 Like

Well, this is getting me confused.

I noticed a huge difference going from 60 to 144 in fps at least. Not so much in mmorpgs.

But still. I have coin to spend and I feel like I deserve an upgrade. Be it small and miniscule. :stuck_out_tongue:

Both my monitors are the same Asus strix ones

if you have too much money, why you even get 165hz?
easy options for 240hz or whats next, 320?
there are definitely monitors out there that come with the full packages but probably cost 800 eur+
question is of course what is your budget

the thing is the human eye has a limit. I dont think it can follow 165hz anyways

i think all those high hz monitors are basically to rip off well off gamers.
it is a trend in thr last years that gamers want to spend money on a lot of crap like high end pc for wow lolz or gaming chairs ot microphones, headsets, 5 screens (ridicolous haha).

i can also say playing on ultra wide in wow will limit your rraction time.
you will pull your whole ui into the middle anyways otherwise your eye moves too much. most the time you will not watch the outer screen side in combat anyways and i found it more distracting than anything

better test for youtself

1 Like