Need help with GPU selection

Hi Guys,
I have Asrock z270 pro4 paired with i7 6700k, some 8gb ram, m.2 ssd and freesync monitor but I am still missing a GPU.

I am now looking to get one so I can finally move from laptop to a PC, but I’m really undecided what should I go for: RX 570, RX 580 or wait for RX 590. I have budget for any, but there’s plenty other stuff I would like to get as well, so the cheaper I go the better, but I don’t want to compromise the quality. I am looking to game on highest possible detail settings at 1080p resolution, and keep noise levels as low as possible.

I’ve heard that 570 8gb should be enough for high settings, but then on the other hand I heard that 580 8gb is the one advised if I want to keep decent amount of fps (my freesync works between 48 and 75fps). There’s also good deal on the 590 8gb, which will be available from 6th of Dec in my country (Poland) but I’m not sure if I want to wait that long (I am selling the laptop this weekend). I also don’t want to have overkill GPU as I won’t be playing any other games than WoW.

So basically, what I need is a card that can handle WoW in 1080p, not going lower than 48fps with preferably preset 10 in graphics, which won’t be too loud at the same time. The cheaper the better. And it needs to be AMD to work with my freesync monitor.

Any adivse? Should I go for 570 or 580? Should it have 4gb or 8gb vram? I am so confused :roll_eyes:

A 4GB unit of any current GPU generation will be more than enough for WoW… whether it will suffice for anything else you play is another story - WoW is still based on a 14+yo CPU-heavy game engine.

True.

But 8.1 see’s a significant redesign that balances the game better over more CPU cores, in turn relieving some of the stress on the GPU.

8.1’s out soon isnt it?

590s come with some games so that is with considering… but it’s just an overcooked 580.

I use a GTX 1060 3gb and I can run at a crumb under max on everything, but the draw distance doesn’t seem massive… if I were buying a card today instead of what I had it would be a 6gb ram model or above to help with draw distance.

I also run a solid 70fps+ with a ryzen 1400.

Got some good deals on Overclockers UK at the minuet doesn’t let you copy paste links in the new forum.

Powercolor Red Dragon rx580 8gb £199 and you get to choose 2 games out of Resident evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 or the Division 2.

Or the rx 590 8gb Sapphire nitro+ with all 3 games for £249.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.