Need iranian server

Seriously, they are like 80% of english speaking realms. Make a separate language page for them already or at least when wotlk starts.

The game would still be on english. A server labled as “Iranian” isnt changing anything for that. And if you start that, every language has to get a specific server.

This is side effect of sanctions. They just use VPN and populate EU EN realms.

I wonder if every language group could have had their server, would English servers even exist?

Block VPN IPs, problem solved. If you cannot play the game without rerouting your traffic, you probably shouldn’t be playing the game in the first place.

4 Likes

“block VPN’s” is absolutely the worst of all the worst hot-takes. You have zero idea what you’re talking about - Nord VPN adverts in a Youtube video aren’t actually accurate on how and why VPN’s work.

Someone plays from a country they shouldn’t.

Since it’s actually against the rules for players to use VPNs or anything that reroutes the games internet traffic, they could easily ban them, but they don’t. It’s also just an illusion that they lower latency.

On the OPs point, why would Blizzard put a server or two in a country that they are not legally allowed to? Arabic realms maybe, but in that specific country, a solid no.

Who said anything about lowering latecy? Aside from the better routing there’s the fact that most countries (including the UK, which is hardly the centre of “illegal wow” playing) are allowed to ask your ISP directly for information regarding your internet activity without your permissions and actively require them to track your activity for a period of time.

Xenophobia is getting out of hand in this game.

Having worked for an ISP they need to have grounds to ask for your data and if it’s the police they need a high ranking officer to do it. The ISP is not legally required to share data unless there is a warrant issued.

Also private companies usually ask the ISP to check the data, like for copyright issues rather than asking for the data itself. They say things like “At soandso time on soandso date this person shared our intellectual property online. We request you check this and act accordingly”.

So usually you would have come to their attention for doing something wrong for them to ask for a check. Besides, why would you want to hide yourself while playing Warcraft?

Oh and have you actually read a reputable VPN suppliers terms and conditions? You should, it’s an eye opener.

??? Please explain to me, oh you networking professional!

How DARE I say something like that, since it is apparently impossible, even though some streaming companies already do that.

Are you playing via a VPN from Iran or why do you feel so personally attacked by this suggestion?

2 Likes

Woah someone’s palms are getting sweaty over there. Now I’m an incel as well?

You still didn’t btw explain to me how come blocking VPN ips is impossible? Please enlighten me :clown_face:

2 Likes

You did, in fact, tell me that I have no clue what I am talking about when I suggested VPN IP blocking.

Now you say it can actually be done? So, how come I am then clueless about the subject? I see logical thinking is not your strong suit. Looks like for you it is easier to call someone an incel rather than make a proper argument.

1 Like

So you’ve re-read what i wrote and doubling down on claiming it says something is doesn’t? Wow.

I see you ran out of arguments. Have a nice day Mr Bizmark

1 Like

I agree, these people are a plague… scamming bunch of non-english speaking rats. Always involved with GDKP RMT shady schemes and such … I wish I could hit them extremely hard with a banhammer!

4 Likes

Just stop doing tier 4 gdkp

Iranians are not allowed to play WoW so… Yea.

There are brits playing this game.

I am sure there are, but imagine no one limited by country boundaries and langual servers could be chosen freely. How many servers will Brits populate? I mean no AU or US variations of English. If every citizen could choose to join their native language realm the numbers would be shocking.

However that would not happen due to players gravitating towards servers with bigger populations, so even if their English isn’t so great, like mine, they will still try to join common megarealm.

Most UK WoW players i’ve met have been complete plonkers. I much prefer playing with people from all over Europe.

3 Likes

I’m completely at a loss for words. Do you realize what you’re saying?

1 Like