Need some pro macro help :P @mouseover issues

Hey guys, so im usually creating my own macros, but this one I cant quite figure out - perhaps one of you clever folks can help me out.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][] Intervene
/cancelaura Bladestorm

This is how it looks atm, and it works fine.
I want it to firstly intervene my mouseover (if I have one) and secondly intervene my target, and all this works fine.

My problem is, that if I have something hostile targeted while dpsing etc. and I try to mouseover a friendly to intervene them, but I miss my mouseover or theyre out of range or LOS etc., it activates my Intervene spell, and now I have to click on them or press Escape in order to use the macro again or my macro stops working because its “loaded up” with intervene ready on click…

Is there a way to make this macro spammable, so it will just go off as soon as possible?

Maybe something
/stopmacro [@mouseover, help, noexists][target=target,noexists]
in front could work, also that would save me from cancelling Bladestorm! But I cant really make it work either.

Thanks!

Instead of /cancelaura try /stopcast Bladestorm

Ah thats not the problem, I can cancel bladestorm just fine.
My problem is that if I activate this macro and Intervene cannot be casted at this time, either because of LOS or range to friendly target or because I missed the mouseover etc., it gets stuck and I cant use the macro anymore unless I press Escape to “cancel” the loaded up Intervene spell.
I imagine its the same if you try to cast Roar of Sacrifice without any target selected, your cursor then lights up blue and you can click the target you want to pet sac, but that functionality is kinda ruining my macro so I want to find a way around it.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@target] Intervene
/cancelaura Bladestorm

Replacing [] with [@target] makes it assume you have a target selected and thus it won’t display the hand, while [] will make it follow default casting priority which is to display the hand if you don’t have a valid target.

Alternatively, you could add /stopspelltarget to the end of the macro to automatically cancel the hand, should it appear.

Truly, you are the master of macros. Every use of @target I’ve seen has been redundant, and until now I thought it couldn’t be otherwise. Wouldn’t [help] solve it too?

I thought the same till someone showed it to me in the context of Blessing of Protection where you don’t want it to cast on yourself if your intended target dies mid cast.

Yeah but it’ll mess up the icon/tooltip when you’re targeting enemies.

Works like a charm! Thanks a lot.

This may be asking a bit much, but

“stopmacro [@mouseover, help, noexists][target=target,noexists]”

Would it be possible to somehow implement this before the macro, so I wouldnt cancel Bladestorm and then find out afterward that I cannot in fact Intervene anyway?

#showtooltip
“stopmacro [@mouseover, help, noexists][target=target,noexists]”
/cast [@mouseover,help,exists,nodead][@target] Intervene
/cancelaura Bladestorm

Edit:
I can make it work with
/stopmacro [target=target,noexists]
before, but then it loses the mouseover functionality - and I just realised it obviously cant check for me if theres LOS or range etc., but at least if it could determine if I had a mouseover or target? hmm

#showtooltip
/cancelaura [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Bladestorm
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [@target] Intervene
1 Like

Ofc… this macro is absolutely disgusting now!

There are plenty UI addons that display out of range targets (both friendly and harmful). Try Vuhdo or Shadow unit frames. I have used both and they work fine. SUF doesn’t seem as sweet with mouseover V’s Vuhdo, that maybe just me. I have nothing to back that up with. Range displays will not counteract obstacles (walls, table etc).
Elvui may also do this. I haven’t used it in years though.

If you are finding that you miss mouseover too often, then a mouseover macro is not for you. You could try target of target “/cast [targettarget,exists,noharm] Intervene”.

There is also an addon which will display the range of your target “range display”. This is ideal for gauging distances for range pulling.

For the macro freezing on you, try: /cancelqueuedspell at the beginning or /stopcast. I cannot test these to see if they still work as maintenance started. I am a returning player, it has been a while. Syntax may have changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.