[Nelf] Veil of the Eclipse - Shanna melor'ne adala fal

henlo there

The Eclipse

Born from the lessons learned throughout the harrowing War of the Thorns, two Priestesses of Elune - one black of gaze and one white of gaze - seek to align the beliefs of the Starborne. The Black Moon is the herald of great and terrible retribution that hangs heavily over the realms of Elune, the sanctity of her realms profaned by unmatched cruelty and sadism. It is a solemn burden to carry. Yet even now, especially now, the compassion of Mother Moon is not lost.

At once does the same being carry the charge of the High Priestess and the Night Warrior simultaneously - in this there is the salvation of our historic race teetering on the brink of extinction. Our enemies, many they are, look upon our realms with hunger believing us to be weak and beaten prey to be toyed with. In the Black Moon we find the strength and conviction to visit holy retribution upon the foe. In Mother Moon’s light we are granted the belief and the faith to rebuild and restore what is lost.

The Veil

Being a community, the Veil of the Eclipse welcomes all the elves to share in knowledge and mutual assistance. It is foolish to mistake the desire of privacy for aversion. We call upon the measured discipline of the Sentinels, the storied guidance of Druidism and the arcane mastery found in the Highborne. The key to the future of Elune’s children lies in harmony.

Our entire civilization has been the victim of mindless sadism and cruel imperialism. The balance has been gutted. So too have the Kaldorei as a people, highborne and starborne alike, dwindled. We are not defeated, regardless. We will not fade into the histories, and we will not bow our heads in shame to those who demand we make peace with evil.

As part of a people who has faced war and destruction, the Veil of the Eclipse seeks to keep alive the traditions, to move forward into the future, to help all Elune’s children come together in defiance of all enmity and in defeating them restore our way of life. Under the guidance of the laws as dictated by the blessed High Priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, the Night Warrior, the truth is her will.

• Our People -

We stand for all the children of Elune’s realms, and so they may find among us brothers and sisters. As mentioned above, the Veil of the Eclipse will take in all Night Elves and Worgen apart from Warlocks, Death Knights and Shadow Priests. Kul Tiran Thornspeakers will find common ground too. Even the tribal allies of the woodland realms, they of the Wildkin and Furbolg, will find a steadfast home among us. Demon Hunters are permitted to stand with us should they swear that they will leave the Illidari behind and place their lives on the line for the Kaldorei once more. This is a steep request, for the life of a Demon Hunter should never be comfortable or convenient.

• Attitudes towards the Alliance

Generally speaking we consider ourselves and Night Elves as a whole to stand well and truly apart from the Alliance but we are not actively looking for aggression. There is a lot of resentment and frustration aimed towards Anduin and supporters of the ceasefire over what is viewed as an abandonment and disregard for Kaldorei lives.

• Attitudes towards the Horde

Completely and utterly antagonistic especially in regions that are considered to belong to Night Elves. Tauren can expect to find a little more leniency, but only a little!

– A little OOC Info –
We encourage everyone to approach any member of the guild for further information! All members are asked to join our discord server upon entry. See you there, cool cat.

A few rules:

1. Roleplay is a co-operative thing, not competitive.
  2. One piece of headcanon is not more accurate or more correct than another.
  3. No ERP.
18 Likes

The Veil of the Eclipse does hands down belong to the list of role-players I have enjoyed cooperating with the most on this server.

If you wish to experience the current lore scenario surrounding the Kaldorei and allies - speak all of the injustice and uncertainty which came along with this ominous armistice - these guys are most definitely worth your time.

3 Likes

May I ask why the differentiation here? It seems a little arbitrary to rule out death knights (who didn’t turn into undead willingly) while allowing demon hunters, who did turn themselves into what they are willingly (following a murdering lunatic out of night elf PoV).

At the same time, why rule out warlocks and shadow priests at the same time, when they are ‘less’ corrupted and dangerous in that sense (think about DH struggles and losing control).

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think demon hunters have a place in your guild either, but I’m just incredibly curious about the picks there.

2 Likes

The simple answer is that we aren’t under any obligation to take any combination of classes. The actual answer is that, flawed as a point of view as it is, we accept the Demon Hunters that are motivated by their own race as people who accepted the life of a pariah in order to place themselves between Night Elves and other enemies. Personal vengeance is usually a motivating factor that leads to one becoming a Demon Hunter in the first place after all.

There’s also the arguement to be made that while they do have horrific magic and it is treated as such, Demon Hunters that struggle to control it are unlikely to have made it through the process to become one, so there is a degree of expected resolve and willpower. Someone like a Shadow Priest or a Warlock could be far more concealed and insidious.

and also demon hunters are cool

2 Likes

No, you aren’t but from an IC perspective, I would imagine a military community thing* should have some kind of rationale behind who they employ, but I also know this is a video game.

I don’t see how the other things don’t apply to death knights, but in the end its up to you. Good luck with the guild.

Edited, apologies.

3 Likes

We aren’t a military unit but thank you so much!

1 Like

(In Metzen’s voice)

…Isn’t Dialythe dead?

1 Like

I can’t speak for OP, especially as they’ve always spoken, but I’ve always considered that Demon Hunters have a place in Kaldorei society to a point.

Back in MoP/Cata when I was roleplaying my DH (before they were everywhere), I’d developed her story such that whilst she was an outcast, she’d fought at Hyjal alongside other Demon Hunters, and had been considered a ‘Hero’ then - basically using WC3 as a backstory. Following the War of course she retreated into seclusion because nobody wants them around when they’re not useful, but I believe the same principle can be held to by anyone. Though Fel-Touched, Demon Hunters have their uses and have proven themselves as worthy allies to the Kaldorei in the past. Death Knights, however, have not (at least not directly).

4 Likes

That’s a very interesting point there.

Well, in the end it all comes down to the personal IC views of Dialythe and/or anyone with such say over the Veil of the Eclipse. This is all RP after all, and I’d say that is the easiest way to justify all of it. Dialythe may consider Demon Hunters an acceptable lesser evil but draw the line at Undead elves and shady magic users, this is purely her IC choice and influences the guild as a whole because she happens to be the leader of the Veil.

1 Like

She certainly was.

Would this not make Dialythe a death knight, and thus inelligible for the guild?

Terrible jokes aside, I wish you the best of luck with the guild!

4 Likes

my trp clearly says ‘not a dk icly’. or oocly.

3 Likes

Greetings!

We would like to highlight that our activity isn’t going to stop during the summer months, that news ideas, events and projects are being forged on the anvil. Further news and updates will be brought soon to your attention!

3 Likes

This guild is great for anyone who’s looking for a more vengeance/Tyrande following driven Night Elf guild.

I was meeting up with a friend IC about an event we were arranging and got picked up by Dialythe and basically re-enlisted into a sentinel role, Siris being more than willing to help her people drive off Horde invaders of their lands.

Through much of the RP-PvP event, it showed me that there was RP for the more vengeful side of the Night elves, a side of things I had been wanting to explore and RP myself for a good while now, and I can say I haven’t been disappointed one bit!

2 Likes

Joined yesterday because this guild has the right kind of vibe for me, I’m looking forward to the conflict laden roleplay!

1 Like

Just did my first PVP-RP event with the Eclipse it was so much fun! Im looking forward to further RP with them

1 Like

So where does the warlock sign up?

1 Like

The bin. Recycling, obviously.

Racist, this is why that overgrown shrub got set on fire.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.