Neretzek, The Blood Drinker spell power scaling

I do believe that this is part of the things that got “hotfixed” in a pretbc/tbc patch which modified those mechanics in order not to have too strong items from vanilla carries on.

This means that we won’t get them fixed for vanilla classic because Devs are actively not fixing stuff nor want GMs to help players.

Well that sucks, just seems anti-fun

1 Like

I am afraid that is correct and that’s the sad part.

Anyway, I’m commenting to let you know that it seems very likely that Corrupted Ashbringer will NOT scale either.
I have found a source that already claimed (months ago!) that nor Neretzek nor Ashbringer will scale, although they also stated it seemed weird considering that the only difference, compared to other weapons, was the weapon speed and thus they hinted at a fix.

I didn’t understand how they made the tests, but the list seems 100% accurate. Apparently I can’t post non Blizzard links here though, and I guess I shouldn’t circumvent the restriction through clever spaces.

Feel free to circumvent it with these kinds of effects
classic.wowhead.com which is a blocked link, for example. It’s just forum level restrictions, but they don’t go out of their way to punish people for providing relevant links to the thread as long as it doesn’t break any rules.

1 Like

If it is tolerated, I’m happy to provide the link!

https ://docs.google. com/spreadsheets/d/1Mm35UbThStzV-fxCwy1kK0QleiZCQTqryVz1qbsyt8g/edit#gid=1052728028

So yes, it seems Corrupted Ashbringer won’t scale either, despite the fact that a lot of reports from Vanilla clearly claimed that both weapons scaled.

The scaling was possibly nerfed in proximity with the TBC release, but we’re in phase 5 now so, even embracing the most radical nochanges stance, Neretzek should definitely scale

2 Likes

they didnt even nerf them before tbc, they nerfed them at some patch during tbc but its obvious that blizz doesnt care at all, multiple other things that got nerfed in tbc or later made it into the client and will not get fixed (like gcd procs, like shadow oil, etc)

Damn Blizzard please fix these items!

1 Like

Don’t forget that we are speaking only about Paladins because Orcs, Taurens and Trolls can’t read nor write, but in fact Shamans share the same fate!
Just think how amazing such axe would be for a Orc Shaman with the right talents and gear.

Which also makes me think, if TBC were the issue, shouldn’t Hakkari Manslayer be nerfed to the ground too, as a Shaman wielding two of those sounds insane?

You got your answer in your own post. A Shaman is fine.

I don’t want to follow that line of thinking

I wouldn’t want too. Yet it’s been pretty clear who is allowed to keep vanilla like advantages and who not.

Reckoning got “fixed” even if in Vanilla it worked like that while Elemental Mastery is still giving 2x assured crits instead of one, AV exploits were fixed only after months of Horde complete domination, making Alliance the best side for bitters and leechers.

bump cause even the trashiest private server would had insta fixed a bug that affects THE MOST ICONIC WEAPON IN THE WHOLE GAME SERIES

2 Likes

Reckoning got “fixed” even if in Vanilla it worked like that while Elemental Mastery is still giving 2x assured crits instead of one

Stop spreading missinformation, elemental mastery works exactly like it did in vanilla.

Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007):
Elemental Mastery: It is no longer possible to get two consecutive guaranteed critical strikes from using this ability

with the same logic then we should be able to pop seal of sacrifice on the tank and get perma reckoning procs because that got fixed in tbc?

Reckoning worked as it did in vanilla too. And I said it in the post you quoted.

Let’s focus on the topic — (some) life stealing effects and (un)scaling.

No use arguing about unrelated subjects, please!

1 Like

Adding this comment from another thread about the lifesteal procs:

I was actually wrong about Demon Forged Breastplate in that comment.
I just went and tested it now after Punkpally said it scaled 40%.

And I can confirm that Demon Forged Breastplate scales 40% with spellpower over 4 seconds. So each tick only scales 10% with your spellpower.

1 Like

I can easily confirm that the Demon Forged Breastplate scales 40% with spell power as well.
With my gear (about 300 spell power) it damages/heals 60 per tick, instead of 30. 30x4=120, which is 40% of 300.

But, this isn’t strange.
In fact, it does scale, as it should. Since the dot is appliable indefinitely, it makes sense that Old Blizzard wanted to prevent it to be over powered. I haven’t found any source stating that it ever scaled 100% anyway.

Neretzek and Corrupted Ashbringer are a completely different matter, as in they are behaving differently compared to Vanilla and it’s not a 40% vs 100%, but a flat 0 that deprives the items of any sense whatsoever.

What saddens me is that Blizzard hasn’t clarified the matter even in the American Bug Report section.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.