I’m very confident that Blizzard performs all the tests thoroughly and they know very well what they are doing. After all this is how they managed to achieve the ultimate game balance in-game and off-game. I’m glad that they figured out that Locks were (as in every expansion) the problem and they needed to be nerfed! Not the Demon Hunters, not the ferrals, not mages, not the monks… Never! The fact that a Demon Hunter can simply do 122K damage in only 5 seconds, it’s negligible… If You have any doubts about it, just ask and i can provide you all the details.
Once again, i can only say well done Blizz, i’m really glad i didnt rushed to buy DF for once!
Yes, I was holding on with my pre purchase of Dragonflight too.
Blizzard calls is “class tuning” but in reality they just see some classes overperforming so instead actually TUNING they just completly reduce all dmg, surv etc of that spec making it unplayable for some time. It’s like having to bright lights on so instead of diming a little you just turn them off?
Nerfs
But back to Warlocks, affliction particularly, Blizzard didn’t take in consideration a fact that atm affli does a lot dmg thanks to decimation bolt + soul rot + big Drain life that ticks for 40k.
Corruption dmg I do understand the nerf as they proly wanted to get in par with hard casted UA dealing less dmg but 45% in pvp + 15% of base dmg nerf? That’s 60% in PvP, plus all dots getting nerf anyway.
Survivability
Survivability also comes in pvp from Necro Fleshcraft 50k shield + Dark Pack 60k, where actually Fleshcraft giving you almost same amount of shield + cc immunity but it will be gone in 2 weeks time. Also 15% HP shield when you drop below 50% comes from necro.
And because all the dmg is now massively reduced shield generation is also reduced so they actually double nerfed survivability this way.
Drain Life
Drain Life heals more only below 50% so they only tweak I’d suggest is to watch if warlocks to easily recover from below 50% using Drain Life and adjust it accordingly, reducing it’s dmg or change the modifier to for example 20% more (down from 30%)
I will be watching changes in beta as I do have access to it, but if it will continue be this way I think it’s time to stick with Guild Wars 2
I think ppl who reply should always take in consideration 2 aspects of the game: PvE and PvP. In WoW abilities have modifiers that apply to in pvp particularly. That said one class can be very good in pvp but not neccesarily in pve and vice versa. Due to rotation, ramp ups of skills etc., like you can one shot someone in pvp in 3s but outside that you dont do much dmg, you’r not that good in long boss fights or multiple targets.
If spec/ability is overperforming what should be look for is
Is it main source of dmg?
How many spells get affected thanks to this spell
What makes this spell does dmg it deals(high or low)
Once you get these you can for example tune skill/talent that causing this paricular spell to do high dmg.
And yes DH throwing glaive in 1s 4x for 10K+ each and overlapping with Death Sweeo for another 10k it’s completly fine.
Been playing Solo queue for past 2 weeks and above 2.4 I’ve been facing 2-3 DH each game not 2-3 Warlocks each game, and for most part these 3 DH are top DMG as they sit WL 24/7, interupting all spells so all you rely on is your DoT dmg but Hey! they just nerfed dots, yay! So they zug zug slash slash your with leech healing them
You see that’s what I’m saying.
It’s not about nerfing but tuning, Hunters aimshotting for 60k doesn’t mean they should nerf aimshot and 5 others skills, make aspect of the turtle last only 4s and feign death 2 mins CD.
It’s not only about WL, in general tune should happen more often and gentle to level all specs, not making it unplayable and rolling to new spec/class.
I’ve been playing since 2008, with WL as my first char but I also play priest, mage as mains.
I will repeat once more IT IS ALL ABOUT TUNING, NOT NERFING, do some changes to class not to single spec only, make other spec more playbale so ppl choose what they want not what’s op now.
And if the game continue to be this way we always expect favourite class to be OP because we are used to it. They make 1 spec OP you roll into it > NERF > Roll to next one
I think you are asking for the impossible. Balancing all the spells of 3 specs with both PVP and PVE is a huge task, especially when you introduce a new feature like the talent tree. Trying to make every class feel fresh every expansion while balancing is no joke, and we have to accept that “nerfs” are a part of that task. Give it time.
But precognation is currently bugged and not working.
And fake cast to dodge interupts.
My direct point is, theyve all had nerfs done. Weather you beleive enough is different. But lots are gonna sit around saying aff didnt get nerfed hard enough.
I know it is a big task but I also believe that with company like blizzard they have resources to fix these issues.
Also do not exaggerate “all spells”, usually broken specs are clearly visible (what/why) they do that dmg/healing.
Like when you spend time on nerfing one class to the ground, you actually just make another class/spec being OP so you need to nerf again that class and so on, ppl get frustrated and complain.
I feel like they would be doing it if that was the way to go. I think the key thing is, that they need to make classes (At least with one spec) feel somewhat fresh every expansion.
I honestly feel like we, the players, are the problem. I see sooo many people asking on yt/google what to play each expansion. Look at how the classes that are OP atm are getting huge numbers of new players. People just want to play whatever is OP. (Likely because they suck) It can be the most boring class in the game, but if the numbers are a bit better than other classes, then that class will get flooded. Stop whining about small nerfs to your spec and play what you enjoy. Any class has a spec that is viable at any time.
So if that spec is not your favorite you are either in the shadow getting kicked from grp for low dps/heal or being destroyed by others specs in pvp. So at the end of the day you don’t really enjoy playing your spec and roll to the good one.
And to the “small nerfs” you talk about:
WARLOCK
Dark Pact is no longer increased by 20% in PvP combat.
Corruption no longer increased by 45% in PvP combat.
Affliction
Agony no longer deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
Corruption no longer deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
Siphon Life no longer deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
Shadow Bolt no longer deals 10% increased damage in PvP combat.
Unstable Affliction no longer deals 15% increased damage in PvP combat.
So beside Siphon Life that I think no one use, only malefic rapture wasn’t nerfed
Again, a player problem. It’s even directly connected to the first one I explained. Make your own grps if you feel like it’s a problem. Did that as MM though some of SL M+ and it was fine. If making all specs completely equal was possible, then they would do it. YOUR spec can’t be the best of your class every expansion.
Those are small nerfs. WL was top now it’s middle. Complaining about being middle of the pack is ridicules. And, I think most of the top spec will be getting tuned down a bit before release. DH, monk, maybe feral and mage.
Why should they? Balancing around certain setups are easier for them. But in 18 years, if they really wanted to balance everything equally, they could have done it. They don’t want this, don’t know why.
Well, for two reasons I believe. Firstly, because it is waay too much work. Secondly, if they did that, then the spec that have other abilities like WL (Gate, teleport, HS), DH (Insane mobility), Mage, (and so on) .. Would have a clear advantage and some classes would not be picked at all. I think making every spec completely level every expansion would create a static class environment where people just get tired of the game.
So, I guess having players change to what ever is OP could actually be good for the game in the long run, else no one would try new classes… Hmm.
Mate in one post you saying to dont cry if something gets nerf and just play what you like, now you saying to roll to what is OP to try new class.
Obviously most ppl tried different classes and play the ones they like
So now what should I do play OP class that I dont enjoy? But it is OP?
Or read your previous post and play not OP class? You are very confusing.
Is it same person repying?