New accounts cant trade for 30 days

Buy accounts. Wait 30 days. Start botting

LOL nice fix!

4 Likes

Then, that is still 30 days they have to wait to actually bot therefore delaying botters. Since they generally use fraudulent cards or charge them back there’s more chance for Blizzard to detect them in time, atleast I hope so one month would be enough time.

If they get banned, they have to restart any new accounts on a fresh 30 days.

Seems to me it works as intended and if it doesn’t and the community wants more action taken against them, more drastic action may be considered.

If you got better suggestions you’re always welcome to fill them in through the ingame suggestion box.

2 Likes

They can bot for those 30 days to level up, if they actually pay they can at least, if they pay for the first month with tokens then they can’t trade ever.

1 Like

Actualy not bad idea , but the only problem that it ruins new player experience too ofc

3 Likes

Haha Blizzard doesn’t care about their paying customers lil bro.
If they gotta ruin the experience of 1000 players to catch 10 bots they will.
Not saying that’s the case with this new account restriction, probably not that extreme but legit players are getting the short end of the stick here again.
Anyway I wouldn’t try out SoD as a new player with this ridiculous limitation in place.

3 Likes

They will prepay accounts, i think they know average speed of bans so they can plan it. It will not slow down them (maybe slow down only for 1st month because they were not prepared for this change, but in distance nothing change), it will only make them pay 2 times more money to blizz. Also botters already found an abuse that allows them to bypass this change, maybe later this abuse will be fixed, but even if it will be fixed, nothing change except of making them paying 2 times more money. It doesn’t completely fix botting problem but it restrictes real new players from playing game they payed for. And nothing about those restrictions on sub buying page, so new players don’t know about those changes when they paying sub and it is just a scam.

1 Like

Instead of hiring GM’s, Blizzard is great at finding ways AROUND the bot problem even if it ruins the player experience, just so they can save as much money as possible

3 Likes

They even can hire players as gms , why not.
For example offer ppl free wow sub , and in return they work on bots problems. Win Win

2 Likes

Super funny that people still think botters use stolen credit cards and do charge backs… lol.

2 Likes

At the end, new player get ruined experience and bot still exist.

More gm is needed, but they never do this because, money. The players pay, not them

1 Like

how do they define “new accounts”?
i just make a 2nd account on the same bnet and i can’t trade between my 2 accounts.
so my 2nd account now counts as “new account”? really?

All new accounts yes.