New acer predetor cpu temp 90c-93c

intel® Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz i have it for 3 weeks and my cpu temp getting very high is that normal? i dont have a cooling surface is that the cause or its a defect?

it’s normal, i wouldn’t worry about it. laptops get really hot, and sometimes loud. getting a bigger and thicker one doesn’t really improve that, all they do is put power hungrier components in there to up the performance.

one thing that i find useful is to know how the laptop’s cooling is set up. for my laptop, the air intake is under with exhaust on the side and the back. so if i put it in a bed or a couch or something and stress it, it can’t breathe, so i have a little thing i put on the back to prop it up when i wanna stress it in those places.

Thx good to know its normal good idea ill try that out

Intel’s spec sheet says tjunction is 100C, so 95 is hot and feels uncomfortable but not dangerous. You can try a cooling pad (~1C difference and which really only makes the chassis more comfortable on your palm), more aggressive fan curves, or if you’re really determined, liquid metal thermal paste.

Lower GPU settings

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.