New AD'er looking for... well, a place to stay

I don’t know how posts like these are treated, and I guess there’s been quite a few on here over the years, but I’ll try it anyways.

Uh… Hi! I guess. Sort of veteran player here, recently moved over to AD. Been playing WoW since early Wrath. Been on and off, only really getting fully into WoW only 8ish years ago, when I got into Roleplaying.
Been playing on Moonglade for the past few years, and found a great little group to be with there, but alas some personal problems and lack of… -uh, not sure what word to use, but lets go with involving- RP that led to boredom, led to my very recent move over here (after some scouting), seeing as there always seems to be things happening. At least in Stormwind (Haven’t checked out much on the Horde side yet.
I do plan on having a few characters on each faction eventually).

So I’m really just wondering, what sort of RP guilds are there on here? I haven’t really fleshed out my character yet, other than a few basic and background details, so I’m really open to anyth- most things. cough
And how approachable is the random/world RPers? While I’m not thinking anything hardcore, at least for the start, I do like the idea of being able to walk around town and bump into people for a chat. I probably should start by actually doing just that, now that I think about it :thinking:

So… yeah. That’s it. Hi again. Not sure what else to write about :man_shrugging:
Thanks in advance for any warm greetings (cold ones are welcome too I guess, but I’m not gonna pretend I like them) and tips.
See you around :wave:

(Please excuse my bad/failed grammar. I’m writing this on my phone, as the forum doesn’t let me choose any characters to post with when I use my computer, so there are likely to be some mistakes in here, even if I’ve looked over it twice :confused: )

5 Likes

First thing’s first, it’s always nice to see a new face. So, welcome to Argent Dawn.

My advice is to decide what you want your character to be, and then find the guild that suits it. Otherwise you run the risk of tailoring your character to the guild, giving them quirks and sensibilities that, while fitting with a guild’s theme, aren’t necessarily what you find enjoyable to play, but feel you need to do in order to stay in the guild. I imagine most people will be happy just to chat about your character development.

So, let the inquisition begin!
What race is your character going to be?
Are they military? An explorer? A regular old blacksmith?
Are they fully supportive of the Alliance, or live on the edge of its laws?

They are the basic questions I know, but in order to throw you some suggestions, we need a little more information.

Most RPers on AD that I’ve seen are welcoming to walk-up RP, and there’s always someone hanging around in Cathedral Square or Lion’s Rest, and the Blue Recluse is always popular.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

7 Likes

Wow, that was a fast reply, for being at 4am (here anyway) :smile: Thanks! And thanks for that tip.
It’s actually something I didn’t really consider, and not sure I used to do before. I’ve always sort of formed my character around the ones they are around, which makes sense for some character types I guess.

As for the world RP, I’ll be sure to check out those places ^^ Never done much RP at the taverns in the Mage District actually so maybe I should try to redeem myself on that part.

Thanks again for the tips, and hope to see you around as well :slight_smile:

As for your inquisition, I currently do have 3 characters that I am leveling (You might notice I have a certain fondness of Warriors). Also want to add that I’ve tried my best to follow the more recent timeline suggested by the Warcraft Chronicle V3, the “unofficial” timeline on WoWhead (which afaik mostly follows the same pattern) and any other source that actually (somewhat) pinpoint the timeflow of the lore.

First guy is going to be my main, and the others are likely going to be side projects until I find some neat stuff for them to do :smile:

Havod Weaver, Human (Warrior), 26 years old.
Haven’t really thought of much, other than him having been born in Lordaeron to parents being refugees from Stormwind, and conscripted into the army at the age of 18-19 (around the time of the Northrend Campaigns), in which he has been active since.

Vemanis, Void Elf (Warrior), 137 years old.
Very vague with this one, as I haven’t really dug too deep for him yet, but I’m hoping to find some good excuse for him to have turned to the Void for power.

Brakgor Gronnbane, Mag’har Orc (Warrior), 24 years old.
Part of the Thunderlord that joined the Mag’har on AU Draenor. Was a saboteur, well aquainted to fighting against the Lightforged siege weaponry. Likes to fight things bigger than himself. Very on board with the Horde and giving a fight to the Lightforged, even if the ones on Azeroth aren’t the same as on his homeworld.
(Note: Actually not sure I’ll do this character at all, or at least if I do, I’ll likely have to change his name at some point. I actually named him after one of my old Orc characters that I wanted to do an AU thing with, but I very recently found out that there also happens to be a lore character in the Thunderlord Clan named Brakgor, who had a weapon named Gronnbane… so you know, sort of a dilemma there. Would actually love to hear any opinions on how to handle that…)

3 Likes

Well now, it’d be remiss of me not to try and grab that Human for the Kul Tiran Marine Corps! We’re as the name suggests, part of the Alliance’s premier maritime force, and we’re open to Humans from all Alliance kingdoms (and Dwarves and Gnomes in not shieldbearing roles). Our thread can be found at Kul Tiran Marine

Expanding a little to include the Ren’dorei, there are plenty of other military style guilds out there. To name a few (apologies, I know there are a lot more of you!):

The Tideforged Corsairs are the crew of a Kul Tiran frigate under the command of Captain Jaggerhawk, who ply the waves in the name of the Alliance. All round brilliant chaps and chapesses.

The Twelfth Penal Company is, as the name suggests, comprised of criminals dragged from the Stockades and put on the front line to commute their sentences. Very good idea if you decide one of your characters has been in a bit of trouble.

The Seventh Legion, Sixth Cohort, under the commander of Theon Morningstar. Another good military guild based around the veteran organisation of the same name.

With regards to your Mag’har, the one guild I know well are the Orcs of the Red Blade. They’re a mix of the old clans, and truly take Orc lore to heart, digging down into the spiritual and shamanistic roots of the Orcs.

So, good luck finding someone, and again, welcome. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Vemanis, Void Elf (Warrior), 137 years old.

It’s far too late/early for me to write something comprehensive and helpful, but it’s worth pointing out that 140 years old is still very young for Elves. In fact, I’m not entirely sure they’d even be considered an adult yet.

You’re both right and wrong. 140 is still young for an Elf, but it is still adult, we know this because Sylvanas is an adult and a soldier aged 20 (From ‘Edge of Night’) so whilst Elves do live for thousands of years, a 140 year old Void Elf is definitely classed as an adult. It’s probably like being ehh, 21 or so, in human terms.

1 Like

Thanks again for the tips ^^ Tbh, these groups do sound a bit intimidating to me, but that might just be me not being used to this level of organization.
The Twelft did seem interesting though. I might take a deeper look at them :slight_smile:

Honestly not too sure about this one myself. The sources I do know point to their point of reaching adulthood to be in their late teens/early 20s, and grow physically older really, really slow after that.

Pretty much what Brigante wrote while I was writing this ^^

1 Like

Hello there! Firstly welcome to Argent Dawn! Thank you Greytide for the shout out, it is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Secondly, don’t be intimidated! At the end of the day most RPers are understanding and we are all here to have fun! If you have any questions you can try and whisper me when I am online in game in the evenings or add me on discord below. Either way I look forward to hearing from You!

Discord: Irishpeacockz#2164

2 Likes

First of all welcome to the realm. Second of all, take a look at our cool guild thread if you’re seeking to find immersive and RP that’s story-driven! [A/N* RP] The Men of Good Faith

1 Like

Hi and welcome to Argent Dawn!

The short answer is: every kind!
Want to be a soldier? There’s everything from the low-fantasy traditional tinsuit grunt RP of Footman to the more gritty compilation of cons of the Twelth Penal Company to the hi-fantasy Lionheart which embraces the hero factor of WoW.

Want to be a sailor? Go legit and join Kul Tiran Marine or Stormwind Royal Navy? Or do you harbour a resentment of authority and a desire to roam the ocean as a pirate then join the Tide Raven or any of the numerous other pirate-themed guilds (the Raven is the longest running to my knowledge but I can’t fault any others for quality).

Want to be a criminal or someone who at least skirts the bad side? Check out the Al’Saqr Trading Company for an Aladdin-esque feel or The Men of Good Faith for a more traditionally themed band of brigands.

Not quite sure where you fit in yet? Roam the areas! Both Booty Bay and Stormwind are usually active at night and Redridge and Ironforge have been subject to recent revitalizations.

I’d recommend checking out Argent Archives - usually called AA - for any of the aforementioned guilds. There’s dozens of great guilds I haven’t mentioned, because I simply don’t have the time at the moment.
My warmest recommendations are find a character concept that fits you, then look for a guild that suits your needs or simply a community perhaps. Stay out of Goldshire OOC and remember that IC it’s a lovely hamlet and not our current Tjernobyl of cretins. Have fun and keep an open mind and a curious approach - most people om AD love walk-ups and the like!

Also check out the Stormwind Observer at stormwindo. com (no spaces) for some IC tabloid news!

Hope you have fun and feel free to seek me out in game! - Chatty Chatterbox

5 Likes

Excellent and helpful as always Chatty! Just want to say thanks on behalf of everyone for your thoughtful and comprehensive replies to threads like these.

Appreciate ya xo

1 Like

They become adults in the physical sense at the same age humans do, but I believe their ‘rite of adulthood’ comes much later.

If you look for a place to find some RP (or find some group of RPers which could help you find your place on Alliance side) - I can recommend the Alliance LFRP

You can sleep on my couch if you want, just don’t watch T.V. past 22:00.

2 Likes

Much appreciated ^^

Just want to thank EVERYONE! for the greetings ^^ Very much appreciated that you all wanted to help me out as well :slight_smile: I’ve ended up joining a new, smaller, more laid back RP guild on my main, but I’ll consider the other guilds you threw my way for alts eventually ^^

Especially I’ll take you up on your offer with the Kul Tiran Marine at some point Greytide :smiley: And I’ll look into the Twelft eventually ^^ It does seem like an idea I could get behind.

As for the Horde, I plan on going to the Kosh’arg Festival if I have the time. Maybe I’ll find something that interests me there ^^

Thanks again for the warm welcome, tips and all the help :smiley:

3 Likes

Glad you found a place to call your own, hope you enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

Huge thank you for the shout out Greytide :slight_smile: We have had great pleasure in RP-ing with the Kul Tiran Marines in the past so would recommend them as well!

Welcome to Argent dawn!
If you are looking for roleplay or simply just want to hang around with roleplayers there is a wonderful discord channel for the alliance.
I am hoping you will find a piece of azeroth in all :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.