New allied races isnt out with the patch tommorow

Just made an NA streamer check for me, and they dont even show up in the allied races tab.

You can be so happy I bought the 6 month sub thing, this was the only thing I slightly looked forward to, and now i have to wait for, what, 3 more months or something?

I haven’t been able to log into the game for 3 months as I am stuck on a ship and even I knew they weren’t going to be released with the patch tomorrow.

Edit: thanks Puny for the full information

2 Likes

I know it’s easy to miss and many don’t keep up with the various news sites but the new races will be coming in 8.1.5.

Unlocking the Race

Kul Tiran Humans are slated to be released in Patch 8.1.5 , as the new raid, Battle of Dazar’alor, is what really creates the bonds with the Kul Tiran Humans and the Alliance. Below, are the requirements to unlock the race:

5 Likes

I just laughed at your title. Which patch??

To be fair, the way blizzard have released the content for now in 8.1 is major confusing if you have not read up on when and what and how things will be release-gated.

This has to be one of the most unclear releases of patches and content i can remember. Not many at all really get what is coming tomorrow and what is going on about the allied races.

And we have 8.1.5 later on that people are mixing up things with.

The ptr is not much help either. its alpha state

3 Likes

Agreed. Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes.

1 Like

Because people can’t be bothered to read. Their fault, not Blizzard’s. People should stop being like “give everything now” and actually practice reading on a regular basis. It’s not that hard to load Wowhead or MMO champion once per day and read official annoucements and patch notes.

imagine the forum tomorrow:

it could have been like this:

1: next raid comes out, clear it and allied races are out for you.
But instead you clear the raid and some achieves, and some reputation and then you know nothing when they come out, even when you have done all the achievs.

1. M+ is out s2 now, nice!
    But is it? No you have to research whats the new gated cap key level is and for how long it will be that way and why, and what kind of new reward this weeks weekly chest will be since its technically s2 but no it is not because s2 is gated thanks to the raid who doesnt yet drop that item lvls.

the list can go on. i know the changes, but i do not expect the normal community of players that log in to play the game that doesnt have time or interest to sit and browse trough sites outside the game to have any form of information of what is actually going on in the game they are playing.

i mean you cant possibly give applaus to blizzard for being clear with what they are doing this patch when you can see everywhere people dont know wtf is going on.

3 Likes

Fully agreed.

As if everyone is so committed to WoW as most of us are. Some people have tons of other games to play, and it is naïve to assume that they all keep up with the recent news and changes of the game. It is only logical for them to assume that the Kul Tirans and Zandalari become playable when you help them in the Dazar’alor Raid. And while Blizzard has no obligation to constantly inform players of what is and isn’t coming, it’d be nice if they were a bit more clearer with the Allied Races. Not to mention the fact that most WoW news sites, such as MMO Champion and Wowhead are confusing, to say the least, and that Blizzard has mentioned the existence of patch 8.1.5 only very few times.

And maybe it is not up to you to decide how people should spend their time?

They made an official post about the schedule when 8.1 was released. If someone did not read it, their problem, not Blizzard’s. Yes, they could’ve made it more obvious but there would still be people who could not be bothered to read that. I just can’t defend people who can’t spare less than five minutes each day (more often less because just the headlines will give a strong hit whether or not a post is important) to stay informed about a game they likely play for hours.

why was this necessary? do they start at level 110 or?

I have seen someone say that but I’m not sure I’ve seen it officially.

They SHOULD have been out already.

Here’s an example of where I’m willing to forgive people for not reading, because it is a sensible assumption to expect to be playing those races.

It is actually increasingly difficult not to see it all as attempts to drip people on with keeping their sub active. Business is business, yes, but it’s also shrewd to please your consumers rather then squeezing them for pennies.

First of all, please stop. It’s not a patch, it’s just a season 2 start. Patch was in December. Secondly of course the allied races aren’t out yet. Blizzard never said they would be and PTR confirms they will come out with the next patch that isn’t even ready yet.

1 Like

I highly doubt most people play on the ptr.

2 Likes

Im still a little confused to be honest.
I have done everything in that guide, but is the warcampaign really “completed” without defeating King Rastakhan?

8.1.5 isn’t out yet. Yes part of the campaign is defeating the final boss of the raid. We are in patch 8.1, tomorrow is a raid release and with that certain things are changing because Season 2 is starting.

You can read more about those changes here…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.