New animations

After playing classic, I noticed how much the animations changed.

WOW has always been cartoony, but after rework of models in draeneror, the character models began to feel much more cartoony and comical. The alliance, and especially the humans, got the most. Humans and dwarves move their hands funny while running, worgen, and kul-tiran - it’s just something ridiculous. Their castes, jumps and running, I just do not understand. In fact, for me personally, only the gnomes and void elves remained playable. Horde, however, seems to have much more options, I like almost everything they have.
I seriously think that this may be one of the main reasons that people are playing less and less for the alliance. It’s very important how character just feels.
Models of new races may look cool, but animations spoil everything. I created myself a cool brutal kul-tiran druid, but when I saw him running I lost all desire to play him.

What do you think? Is there any chance that this will be fixed/improved?
And I saw a lot of topics about customization of abilities, that would make sense.

Don’t see it as an issue tbh, and the animations are fine

the only thing I desire animation-wise is a option to go back pre-WoD style :).

something about the old undead casting animation made everything you did more enjoyable in my opinion, it just had style.

same goes for human meele animations.

Some animations are better but some are worse.

After animation update i really like Dwarf 2 H melee because old animations were basically just spinning with the weapon. And comparing old charge to new yea… old was just absolute crap.

Ranged though are complete opposite so many animations look horrible and over the top anime compared to old ones like warlock shadow bolt i do miss the flying skull.

1 Like

As a former human female with goggles, the new animations are terrible. The little wobble whenever you cast an incinerate, no thank you. Don’t know if that’s why people stopped playing alliance though. I like the gnome warrior animations

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.