New APIs Now Available for Testing

In patch 1.14.4, we’re opening some existing APIs that were initially hidden for Classic. These allow third-party websites and apps to retrieve in-game information as JSON text to display information to players or create useful tools, and we’ve seen more requests for them recently.

You can also check out the public API documentation for WoW and WoW Classic here, and we’ll update the Classic documentation as soon as possible. Until then, you can reference the similar WoW documentation on how to use the new endpoints.

Here are some of the APIs becoming public in 1.14.4:

Account Information:
/profile/user/wow

Character Information:
/character
/protected-character
/character/status
/character/equipment
/character/pvp-summary (New Mak’gora kill-count added here)
/character/pvp-bracket
/character/statistics
/character/hunter-pets

Guild Information:
/guild
/guild/roster
/guild/activity
/guild/achievements

Character achievement and specializations will be coming at a later date.

You can access the PTR data using the namespace “classic-ptr”.

3 Likes

Great news, thanks!

Hi Kaivax, I’ve tried accessing this new data on the “classic-ptr” namespace, but am getting a 403 error in JSON. I did manage to access other API data like creature-families on the usual namespaces dynamic-eu and static-classic1x-eu, so I’m missing something. What API server should I use to access the new PTR API (in EU), just eu-api-blizzard-com? Can you maybe give a short example of a CURL command like in the other docs? Many thanks!

2 Likes

Are there any developers like me, who want to “play” with these API endpoints? We could make some awesome things together!

Will this APIs be available for all classic versions or only on hardcore/era servers?

Achievements coming to Classic? Interesting.

Where you see this?

Try go to IronMan Frums. They want play :wink:

Here I see this.

Is not only Era and HC also Wrath. The API is for those making leaderboards and such from WoW data. Now Ach and specs not accesible, but will become later.
Not means Ach will come to Era.
Sorry to diappoint you.

1 Like

It’s a relief, not disappointment.

1 Like

Is it possible to get the level of a character and the status if it’s still alive on a hardcore server? I would love to use this to get this info in Discord.

What API call should I use for this? I tried some things from the guides but I’m not getting the desired result. Always get a “Forbidden” response returned.

Try asking gyus at IronMan Challenge - they done this for years :wink: with Retail and are hopefully in full swing doing for Era/HC as well.
Forum here: https://wowironmanchallenge.proboards.com/
Trackers etc. here: https://wowchallenges.com/

1 Like

I asked them and they haven’t started looking at it yet.

Would love to see an example GET request to the classic-ptr namespace. Can’t get it to work. :slightly_frowning_face:

Eww I’m sorry. I so hoped they started. I not know enough to be any help here.

At least you tried! :grinning:

1 Like

Please provide an example request on how to get it working with classic-ptr.

1 Like

good infoa