New bluepost for warlock

Blizzard has posted a large number of changes coming to Warlocks in Patch 10.1.5 including Affliction buffs, Demonology changes and more!

Blizzard

Greetings Warlocks,

We’ve been reading through the feedback provided over the past week and want to provide an update with a look at the changes you’ll see in the next PTR build.

Affliction

• Unstable Affliction damage increased by 10%.

• Seed of Corruption’s cast time has been reduced to 2 seconds (was 2.5 seconds).

Demonology

• Shadowflame Acolyte has been removed.

• Fel Covenant has been removed.

• Demonic Knowledge has been re-added and is now located where Shadowflame Acolyte was.

• Demonic Knowledge now more reliably procs at a 15% chance.

• Shadow’s Bite has been re-added and is now located where Fel Covenant was.

• Hand of Gul’dan damage increased by 25%.

• Implosion damage increased by 15%.

• Dreadstalker damage increased by 15%.

• Demonbolt damage increased by 20%.

• Bilescourge Bombers’ Soul Shard cost has been reduced to 0 (was 2).

• Umbral Blaze now has a 15/30% chance of occurring (was 8/15%).

• Umbral Blaze now retains remaining damage when reapplied.

• 2-piece tier set bonus adjusted – Demonbolt damage increased 20% (was 15%). Consuming a Demonic Core reduces the cooldown of Grimoire: Felguard by 1 second. This has no effect in PVP combat.

• Dirty Hands has been renamed to Malefic Impact.

Destruction

• Crashing Chaos redesigned – Summon Infernal increases the damage of your next 8 casts of Chaos Bolts by 50% (10% in PvP combat) or your next 8 casts of Rain of Fire by 70% (15% in PvP combat).

• Dimensional Rift damage increased by 15%.

Ripped through the Portal

Regarding Demonology, these adjustments are being made to compensate for Ripped through the Portal not returning to the Demonology talent tree. We want talents to be competitive options against one another and, given the synergistic value of Ripped through the Portal, it’s very difficult for us to adjust it in a way that it becomes an option rather than the right choice.

Demonic Cores

The removal of Demonic Knowledge, Demonic Meteor, and Ripped through the Portal was too much of a push in the direction of reining in Demonology’s mobility. Demonbolt is a cool spell that enables Demonology to be reactive. We don’t want to create a drought of Demonic Cores, but at the same time we don’t want it to be the only generator you cast. By re-adding Demonic Knowledge, the cadence of Demonic Cores should be in a healthier place.

Conclusion

The feedback provided has been extremely helpful and we appreciate the community’s thoughts on the changes we’re making in Fractures in Time. Thank you for the insights provided and we’ll continue to watch for further discussion.

How should I understand this? No effect in pvp? The buff or the set bonus?

Affliction weekly change here we go.
Dev is out of touch with this spec, it needs a rework, not enough its the same since BfA, it died after Legion with Malefic Rapture. Just remove that sht, noone likes it, get a person who is capable of balancing dots, give us dot extensions and aff is fixed.
Demo/destro are the only spec warlock has for 6 years its boring, I have to play spriest because aff is so bad (luckily devoker is also good so I can play with it as well)

2 Likes

I still can’t understand why we cannot have UA on multiple targets, like it’s some special dot or something - it’s emberassing.

Also, aside from these changes, soul swap should have no cd/shard cost so that aff can do multi-target spread cleave dotting more efficiently. Lastly, Siphon life should go away… the spec has already too many dots.

1 Like

i feel with this demo post blizzard give us disease only to sell us the cure at high price

its like ( hey man yeah i know i steal 100$ from you , but here 10$ back to cheer you up and make you feel less bad about it )

entire rework is pointless ,the fact they reverse many demo changes means they are truely incompetent and out of touch

5 Likes

They still don’t know what to do with demo. Try never tried to fix the AI.

2 Likes

They just have to do a full rework tbh, nothing like this half assed shuffling of talents. Demo is toxic as hell to play against in pvp and annoying as hell to play as in pve. The interaction it has with power infusion is unhealthy to the entire game and I don’t even want to know what happens when the new evoker spec is added into the mix. There is no other way out of this mess than to just completely rework how this spec works.

1 Like

Agreed.
I also wish they gave us baseline AoE, rather than something we have to pick as a talent.
Playing an Evoker rn, and switching back to my Affli warlock feels absolutely dreadful. It’s slow, no burst, slow aoe build-up, talents are a mess where you either gotta be ST or AoE only…

1 Like

No, there will be no middle ground with demonology. I don’t care if they think they have it right, they don’t.

Add back the triple dog.

End of story.

You have no idea wtf you are doing blizzard.

Revert ALL of the changes, or GTFO.

2 Likes

ABOUT THE DOGOS, I GET IT ITS HARD TO BALANCE AROUND IT BECAUSE IT INTERACT WITH SO MANY OTHER TALENTS. sry caps and too lazy to write it again :D.
Maybe I am wrong, but wouldnt it help to keep the dogos like baseline?? Call dreadstalkers would be just baseline 3 dogs and than you can add new talent and balance it??

3 Likes

That’s not true and you know it, you are just too entitled to understand this.
I remember legion affli, probably easiests and the most brainless caster in the game

Triple dog was a pick or lose 2nd tier passive talent, it’s bad design, it’s good that they removed it

Literally insane take.

Also, if something is a bad design because everyone picks it, then literally half the talents or more are badly designed.

Please just be quiet, you clearly don’t know wtf you are talking about.

Also not all passives are created equal.

Are you one of the guys that’s a contrarian just for the sake of it? Like when everyone said pizza is great, you say no it’s terrible?

Even if you’re serious, not all opinions are equal, sure what you like or don’t like is mostly subjective, but i think that people tend to confuse subjective vs equal, not all opinions are of equal value.

New demo is basically an objectively inferior version of what we have right now. And if you disagree, you’re just straight up wrong.

1 Like

When people become adults they stop squealing “shut up shut up” in response to opinion they disagree with.
You sure skipped it.

Ripped through a portal is a 100% pick for every situation, what it basically does is upping your damage by 50%, insane talent for his position in tree.

I’m the guy who is inside your walls

Sure, not all opinions are equal. Mine is better

Completely clueless.

Yet another person on ignore, at least if you had an actual argument…

But you really don’t, this stuff is impossible to defend, even people who somehow like this realize that these new changes are effectively the same gameplay, you do the same thing, only worse.

And that’s why the few points you made are stupid as hell, and can be easily disproven just by looking at other specs. Or simply through logic.

Ripped through portals being taken always is a problem? Why? Because it has both aoe and st implications, like so many others spells in the game? Because muh diversity? Does it matter? As long as the gameplay it provides is good? Do you even realize how bad the specs would be if all the talents were either aoe or st? Not just demo?

You probably haven’t really thought about this, which is why you support this.

This is not a rework. And frankly demo doesn’t need one.

There is no way you win this argument, because you have no idea wtf you are talking about, and you know what pisses me off more than a clueless person? A sanctimonious and clueless person. The worst of the worst.

You also tried to reverse the argument on me, and pretend as if i’m wrong. Yea, no, the 'no u" stuff is not gonna work on me, because unlike you i actually think you’re gonna have to do a little better than that. As for your taunting, irrelevant.

Lmao, he puts me on ignore and then starts to argue, what a infantile individual

Yep, iv’e got a very strict policy with people like you.

If you say stuff like that, and try to justify it with stupid bs you go on ignore.

The ignore for me if more of a badge to remind me who should i take seriously, and who i shouldn’t.

take it as you will, i frankly don’t give a damn what you think, feel free to think you won the argument. Just like most people in internet “debates” i am well past that garbage, i am right, and no amount of stupid arguments will change that, or whether you think you’re got it right with your pathetic excuse of a point that doesn’t even pass the straight face test.

Can’t win something that didn’t happen. You already separated me from your own convenient echo chamber, i’m happy for you.
Atleast your emotional outbursts are funny, please continue

Your argument to me sounds like flat earthers saying that globers live in an echo chamber, be gone.

Your arguments are objectively flawed.

As i pointed out before.

And that’s about it. You say i’m childish, yet you keep replying to this child, maybe my arguments are getting a bit under your skin, maybe you should realize, you don’t know wtf you are talking about. And maybe you should listen to people who actually know more than you. Because you know, when people say stupid stuff, they tend to do that a lot on many subjects, so maybe consider upgrading your reason and logic skills, or accept the fact that you have no idea wtf you are saying.

Just a suggestion.

All you elves go to your private elf chambers and talk your elf stuff we dont care here.

1 Like

Back to warlock problems…

Malefic Rupture needs to go.
Affli and Destro need their baseline AoEs OUTSIDE of talent trees. Why on earth did they put baseline AoEs as talents in the first place? Not only does it make the playstyle annoying between either ST or AoE-only, but it also takes away some interesting talents they could’ve put instead of that.

1 Like