New character getting lauded , imposter syndrome

how do we deal with this?
i have this new druid and nothing special, done some starter quests in teldrassil… now im in dreamgrove and everyones treating me like this legendary hero.
this all feels wrong and i dont know how to deal with it. any ideas?

1 Like

There’s no way around it, particularly now that levelling is even faster.

Just accept that everyone will treat you like the second coming, because you killed a few boars in Elwynn some time.

2 Likes

It’s amusing to be honest. WoD especially, “don’t worry, we’ve chosen one of our greatest champions!”

“…I arrived in stormwind an hour ago and before that I nearly drowned. But ok.”

6 Likes

Its basically just the story team having written so much “You’re the hero, the main focus of the story!” plots that its basically just self-impoded on itself due to everything looping back to “You” the player being the main hero who moves the story along.

Many roleplayers have accepted that “You’re not the hero” which was made clear through the Order Hall Campaigns going to war at the Broken Shore, rather then the Slayer, Crusader Lord, Deathlord, ect, ect, being on the terrace, its usually the 2nd in command, such as Havi for the Warrior hall (being Odyn in disguise) ect, ect.

Players can make themselves as impressive or as common as they wish, This death-knight I’m posting on was a Dread Knight in our guild, but he’s gone back to simply being a death knight of the forces of Acherus, mostly because having special titles just makes you seem more important then you truly are.

Basically, the sky, your storytelling and how you present yourself to others is the limit.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about it and I realised… I used chromie time to reach this place.
All these other druids are mistaking me for an older version of myself that will eventually have travelled back in time and done some pretty cool stuff.

1 Like

Introducing the timey wimey ball to storytelling irrevocably shatters consistency and turning chromie time into the new leveling process and forcing it into your personal canon rather than have time travel as an esoteric rare plot device was and is a major mistake.

1 Like

I put my TRP on OOC and they can call me hero, Highlord, savior, whatever they want, while leveling, doing quests etc.
When I join my guildies for an event or social, I put it back to IC and I am just one of the Lightusers in the guild.
No confusion for me.

3 Likes

:point_up: This. Well, except the Light user bit, but yes.

1 Like

How can people be legendary heroes when I am already? Did you kill Lich King? No I did. Yep it’s like that lel. I blame Nozdormu for playing with timelines.

I’d handle it exactly like that. Quests / Raids are completely OOC, my characters are only grunts in the great picture.

ps. except for my Kul Tiran rogue. He was a captain and lost his ship and crew… now he mostly drinks and tells stories.

Personally my character lvling experience is OOC, or he listens to a story and imagines himself in the place of the one telling it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.