New computer for WoW

Hi. I’m buying a new computer primarily to play WoW and I was wondering how well the game would run with these specs:

Graphics card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS XXX Ed. OC+

CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F Processor, Tray

RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 2666MHz 16GB

SSD: WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B460M-PLUS GAMING

I wish to play on ultra or high with high fps. Would that work with these specs and how well? Thank you!

At what resolution?

The specs aren’t bad, also depends on pricing and availability - like Ryzen 5600X with faster RAM would be better. 10400F on a motherboard with RAM OC support would also be faster than with 2666MHz RAM.

Make sure you get a decent cooler for that CPU - ‘Tray’ CPU’s don’t come with a cooler.
To back up what @Bigkeg said… 1080p/144hz should be achievable, but you may have to take High as a maximum expectation.

I have worse CPU 2600x(OC’d) and lot worse GPU 1060 6gb and im running wow at ultra pretty much everywhere even in open world raid bosses which is an insanely huge raid and i never drop below 50 FPS in between that zerg.

Everywhere else + in M+ im over 80-100 FPS usually, sadly i dont raid anymore so cant know the computer’s performance in 20man raids

Good luck getting hold of that graphics card - or any high-end GPU at the moment.

If you are a miner then you have unlimited supply so pretend that you are a miner and get one for gaming :smiley:

Funny you.

You cannot get any high-end GPU’s at the moment - period.

Anyway, who would want a Radeon GPU?

RDNA2 is highly competitive, unless you need DLSS and DXR a lot.

Well, either way, you can’t buy one for love nor money.

Just check out my supplier, Aria PC in Manchester UK, been dealing with them since they were a start-up business. They offer just 4 Radeon GPU models, none currently in stock, compared with over 40 Nvidia GPU models, with just 3 in stock.

They told me there is a worldwide shortage of GPU’s largely caused by the Covid epidemic and the 20% tax imposed by the Trump admin on imports from China, where most of the manufacturing is done. This has also caused a massive hike in prices too.

RTX 3090 is likely in stock but interested on that model is really low as for gaming it’s just heavily overpriced 3080… but yes, everything is out of stock. RTX 3060 launched yesterday and it instantly sold out. Scalpers already got some and sell them on ebay and alike for an insane markup.

3060 is well even if you could get it at MSRP it is barely an upgrade over the 2060/2060super it’s pretty crap TBH as far as upgrades go NVidia where just taking the p*** with that 1

Yep, the benchmarks are sad :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.