New computer

Hi,

I am in the market for getting a new laptop. My current one absolutely sucks!

It doesn’t have to be gaming-specific, since WoW is the only game I’ll play on it. I play my other games on my xbox.

However, I DO need to be able to play WoW on it. I just want to be able to play on at least medium graphics in Ardenweald.

does anyone know if the lenovo yoga C740 can do that? I know it’s not a gaming computer, but I really love the design

If not, do you have any other suggestions? preferably less than 900 €

I did a quick search and it seems like the Yoga is not available with a dedicated GPU, only the integrated Intel.
I don’t know what framerate and resolution you are aiming for (i asume 1080P 60FPS), but i would not recommend getting a notebook with an Intel iGPU for gaming.
Will Shadowlands run at medium on that hardware? Well yes, but you will be very limited by that iGPU and might have to lower the resolution scale below 100% which will make the image blurry.

1 Like

Thanks! do you have any other suggestions?

Lenovo Legion 5 with GTX 1650 would be the starting point, quite cheap right now. Bit more expensive but way better would be Legion 5 or HP Pavilion Gaming with 1660 Ti - all of them with Intel 10750H or Ryzen 4600H/4800H.

Yoga C740 has old CPUs with UHD 620 integrated graphics and that’s even below minimal spec. You can play WoW on iGPU but modern, and at a price premium at that (ultra portable and thin laptops).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.