New customization options for blood elves and void elves

Do we have the names of those races? At the very least, the other three Legion allied races should get some updates before release as the Void Elves are.

I’m actually not sure at all. I saw someone type it somewhere, but can’t remember if they said all or some. But I’m hoping for good things for all races, allied and core. The new beta build that’s coming Thursday morning might have some more options for those races that may have been taken off.

They weren’t disabled sadly.

The only additional elf hero class I’d get behind is Warden because they’re so badass. But they’d be massively restricted to nelf female only (NB female at a stretch) and I’d rather they don’t urinate over the lore to make belf or male wardens a thing.

But yeah, I dunno a ranged glaive tossing DPS spec, a melee DPS spec that can dual wield or not and a tank spec that has to use umbra crescents. Call them something like Bounty Hunter, Punishment and Bodyguard or something.

At the moment, it looks like the hair options needed for an Alliance high elf fantasy might not make it, at least for pre-patch. But we’re still hoping. Player agency in character customisation is a core feature of the Shadowlands expansion, after all.

Also, the new skin tones still all have the blood elf underwear, so it’s still not unlikely that we might see more work being done.

3 Likes

From the subraces thread, in case they may be of interest:

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes too high. Considering it’s been like 7-8 builds with 0 customizations I doubt we will see any coming. They said they are only adding options for the release. They only said they could add more later on which it’s very doubtful

We don’t know, and I refuse to give up hope. As long as what’s available is a compromise that can’t even look like other in-game high elves, I, and the rest of the high elf community will continue to bring up the subject and make continuous efforts to further our case to Blizzard. We’ve already come a long way, and are very close to achieving the dream for this game. With just a few more hair options, we’ll be able to play as high elves.

2 Likes

High elf fans already got so much new stuff.

But Void elf fans got nothing we asked for. No Jet black hair, no white skin. Nothing Edgy or Voidy was added.

Meanwhile High elf fans got new skins, new eye colors. And that’s fine I support it (I’m also a supporter of High elves)

But please don’t let your constant demands ruin our basic suggestion: Black hair color. Something we’ve asked for since the beginning of the Void elf race, but never gotten anything.

2 Likes

One request doesn’t cancel out another. Personally, I have no interest in black hair, but understand those who do, and I will support you in your request, for black hair and cool voidy options (but perhaps something less edgy, greasy or balding, and rather something more lovecraftian, like extra eyes, mouths and tendrils?) Meanwhile, I’m requesting other things. Because for me, the goal is to be able to play as a high elf, looking like the high elf NPCs we see in the game, that’s been there since the first day og World of Warcraft. I’m happy that we’ve come this close, but it’s still not high elves, and without the hair, the skin and eye options are just a weak compromise.

My main argument is that the race barely had anything edgy, other than a few good hairstyles.

No white skin
No black hair

No bangs hairstyles (without balding)

That’s my main argument anyway. I’m edgy and what I hoped to see with this race is something like the character (Marceline the vampire Queen) something Edgy like that.

Instead we got Thalassians with Blue berry skin, and some balding hairstyles. I love the female hairstyles though!

Personally, I don’t think the vampire vibe fits the void elves at all. That’s a san’layn thing. Void elves are void, not blood or vampires. The void is about maddening whispers, hungering mouths, extra eyes, red and yellow eyes and old god features.
Like Silverleaf has suggested here:

I didn’t say I want vampire features though, if anything the balding hair looks more like Dracula’s hair.

I’m saying we need more Edgy stuff. Black hair being the main focus, and I used Marceline as a Edgy example (although she’s not Voidy)

And if you think about it black hair can work both ways (High elf and Void elf)

1 Like

I’d really love to see Silverleaf’s options becoming available for void elves as well. But, selfishly, I’d rather have full high elf options first, if I had to choose.

Y’all really need to learn the difference between a widows peaks and balding.

Or maybe the Void just rots your hair follicles. Who knows. :thinking:

That’s not the case when it comes to Females.

But like 60-70% of the Velf male hairstyles have a Widow’s peak. Would’ve been better if they focused on bangs. That’s more Edgy and Void like (just my opinion)

Judging by my own real life hairline, the two appear to be closely related. =p

If it’s the void that rots the hair follicles, women somehow seem immune. No widows peaks there.

I understand your commitment and hope. But I don’t want to get your hopes too high. It’s been 8 builds with 0 customization options for any race. There isn’t anything coming. That’s the sad reality. Maybe allied races will get updated in 9.3 or 9.2 but even that’s a maybe. I also wanted golden jewelry and regal hairstyles for Night Elves but I came to accept they won’t happen because I couldn’t do anything else than accept and move on. I’m not trying to sound harsh but I’m just being realistic

The Alliance experience™ though. People will realize how awful the characters will look without the belf hair options and continue to revolt on the forums.

Tragic.

Or maybe people hopped on the PTR and decided that the colorful hair doesn’t look so very bad after all.