New Diabolist talents

So considering there is only a blizzard forum on US forums for feedback and EU being ignored once again i though why not make a post about.

I personally am rather disappointed that metamorphosis wasnt part of it but you can’t always get what you want

4 Likes

Nah man,sadly we are stuck with this lesser demonology version.

1 Like

Its just a bunch of passive talents that will slightly alter the rotation.

Our bad for expecting something exciting.

1 Like

Well it is actually just Ritual of ruin but with rotating demons instead of a infernal.
Not great idea for hero talents but feels kinda bland if you think of the possiblities of demo + destro combined.

2 Likes

now if blizzard was smart about it, they would make the affliction/demo hybrid one be where metamorph was .
Kenrethad Ebonlocke was a demonology warlock in MoP then a affliction /demo lock in legion when we brought him back who used both soul drain and metamorph if you took him as a world follower, you know, that massive demon warlock we had to fight in green fire quest?

do i expect it to happen? no but we could dream right ? xD

2 Likes

The dream died during legion, everything is out of place.

1 Like

That is not what i would expect metamorphosis to be tied to, if anything destro + demo would make sense as destro is about 𝙮𝙤𝙪 dealing dmg and combing demos with that metamorphosis would make most sense in my eyes, the only way to deal even more damage with spells would be to become the very thing you draw strenght from.

But i honestly do not care how or why we get it back, as long its returned to us ;_;

Blizz were very clear about it, Demonology is the demon summoning spec, and for that, summoning big powerful demons (Albeit for a short time) is a great thematic fit, any NPC warlocks becoming demons were either outliers or remnants of the time warlocks had Meta, and we all know how loathe Blizz is to update anything old to new lore or mechanics, unless it’s to refit it to new level cap content.

Maybe (Long shot, but still) the other Demo-related hero tree will get something Meta-esque, but i personally think it’s a lost cause, Demon hunters took over the “Turn into a demon”-niche (In all fairness, Meta was a DH thing to begin with), and Blizz is strangely uptight about anything that might be confusing in PvP. (“Is that demon-dude a Warlock or a DH? My brain is melting!!!”)

1 Like

in WC3 illidan took power from guldan that transformed him demon as in getting the ability meta.
Later in MoP we learned how to contain meta ability for a brief of time.

1 Like

always americans and they will always ignore EU not carrying about anything even their bugs to be fixed through a lot of content

From what i understand hero talents are suppose to be about taking from 2 specs and making talents themed about both of them or a mix.

Destro is all about destruction and making YOU deal damage.
Demo is about summoning demons to deal damage FOR you.

If you combined these i would assume it would be some sort of demon theme empowerment where YOU deal more damage either thanks to a demon or because well you turn into one (metamorphosis)

With the current talents its just Ritual of ruin but with a rotating demon selection.
Super bland if you ask me as its just something that happends while doing your own rotating, doesnt make the gameplay more interactive.
Also i would wanna state that with there being 3 different rows of middle talents you could have made so it could be the current talent selection or making it more about metamorphosis.

this wont happen - in so many years since classic lol

Frankly, all hero talent trees are pretty bland (I read those write-ups on Wowhead, they all mention the same thing), adding procs, some visuals, and little else, so that’s not a Warlock-only thing, i guess that’s their design goal, to add some visual flavour without adding too much complexity.

All i’m saying is that, as far as Meta goes, that ship has sailed by now, hijacked by DHs, and it’s better to look at things we might get, instead of gazing longingly at something we’re pretty sure to never get again.

would be nice if they make sure that equally powerfull different builds can be made with those hero talent not only ritual of ruin like giving u choice between burst, dot and aoe % increase.

Personally i think also if they would give Warlock choice of different pets for different spec, like 2-3 common for all specs and then make it up to 5 perma pets but last few completly different :

Destro Lock : Pets that help You speed up your cast spell maybe or deal significant dmg but also if u sacrefice them they give you different type of boon not always 10% increase dmg and sometimes deal XXXX amout of dmg but maybe once every now and then heal u, increase your cast speed or maybe stat , shield whatever just make it cool and usefull to players .

Affliction pets to be more into spreading curses , casting curses, aoe curses/dots.

and Demo to be more like chain the summons to be more like if i cast this, it empower this summon or if they deal crit it gives a chance for free summ or something. so much choices but blizz seem to go for easy stuff… like they dont have imagination especially people who design classes and talents - Then u have time and test it nerf or buff it so its balanced and not overpowering.

maybe add to hero talents option for spells to choose and make specific spells single to AOE or AOE to Single target still dealing damage proportional to way it deals dmg.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.