New expac wishlist

So obviously we all know the devs don’t actually read EU forums, but on the off-chance they do what would your wishes be for the class come Shadowlands?
We’re already getting Eyes of the Beast back along with Hunter’s Mark and Kill Shot.
Be it overall QOL or just bringing back a playstyle feel free to share with the rest of us lurkers.

I’ll start out by saying good pet AI and bringing back some fluidity to MM/2-target cleave. Possibly some DoT related talents/abilities for MM, because let’s be real old survs prob not coming back :weary:

I’m somewhat active RPer and I would just love if my pet could do some basic emotes… Like sit, sleep etc. Also make us able mount our pets like Hati.

I’m still keeping my hopes up that we will get ranged Survival back somehow. The spec that focused on a playstyle involving Explosive Shot(original version), Black Arrow(not the MM version) and Serpent Sting. And more…

Granted we have no idea yet what general approach they will take to class/spec design but, I always imagined that Ranged SV could look something like this in the modern game:

As they have announced the return of Kill Shot as a on-use execute, I will probably have to adjust the design elements in my own suggestions to have a little less involving gradual execute mechanics.
The rest could still work very well though.

4 Likes

-Re add marked shot to marksmanship.
-remove rapid fire, this ability is boring, slow and unsatisfactory.
-rework trueshot again, or heavily rebalance how this class works, i’m tired of only having fun during my cd.
-please please please revert this useless and daunting gcd changes, they are literally useless they serve no purpose whatsoever jesus, i hate them with a passion.
-1.5 sec gcd for hunter’s mark is idiotic.
-trickshot is thrash currently, give us back legion aoe.
-what made you hate volley so much? it’s literally useless and it didn’t need to be changed so why? revert it to legion version please.
-aimed shot being usable while moving with a damage reduction if you decide to move is probably how this should work.
-precise shots can go die in a dumpster fire.
-post haste and binidng shot in the same tier is dumb.
-why is trailblazer still a thing?
-who was in charge of our talents? jesus give that job to someone else.
-2.5 sec cast time on aimed shot is too slow, we’re almost at vanilla level of slow (same problem rapid fire has), revert it back to 2 sec.
-exhilaration on the gcd??? why???
-Why is dire beast a sh*tty 25 sec cd instead of how it was in legion? why can’t i just chuck animals at my foes? give us the choice back and make dire beast substitute barbed shot if we take the talent.
-give bm some cool cooldowns, we have way too few spells.
-revert the pet changes of bfa.
-old stampede was 100% better then current one.
-animal companion, don’t think i need to say anhything anymore, someone was very high when they decided to make this a talent, he also hasn’t stopped being high because this is still a mess even if it now deals damage at least.

• i want a mutli dot fully mobile and ranged hunter spec back, i don’t care how but don’t try to make it with MM talents, ur just cluttering MM talent tree with useless abilities that don’t fit and nobody takes.

Yes there is a lot of salt here if you can’t tell, but i can’t help it.
Basically reposting this from aprevious thread, minus the killshot request as it seems to be returning.

4 Likes

My wish list would be,

• redesign for survival hunter, I liked its melee iteration in legion, and feel it was too pruned.

• bring back caltrops as a base ability.

• give us more control over our focus regen to make the mongoose play more interesting.

• bring back butchery as a base ability.

• remove the hand bow thing. And give us a bleed to replace as a dot.

• more bombs and gadget usuage.

• make the bomb infusion talent baseline. We shouldn’t be required to make a talent choice to make a ability fun,

• if you want survival hunters to have some Bow gameplay. Do exactly that. Give us a bow slot. So we can be a melee/ranged hybrid. Not something with some sorta magical ranged ability with flying birds.

• bring back old survival as a fourth specc.

• give us some actual cool sets. Mail users have been screwed over so many times.

Marksmanship

• exotic ammuniation base line
  • more shot CC such as wyvern sting baselined.
  • return volley from vanilla!

Beast mastery

• more unique beast models for options.
  • better pet AI
  • more abilities involving the player not the pet.
  • more pet diversity in setting up for situations.

Survival got sooo gutted this time round it’s become worse, now not even the survival fanatics from legion want it.

Give us back what it was.

Beast mastery. Is too pet reliant. And since mop seems to have lost a lot.

Marksmanship feels Oki. Prolly the best of the three but I still feel like it needs improving on. It’s still lacking some things which could really make it a lot more interesting or a real marksman with a arsenal of niche abilities it can fire off.

1 Like

More DoT/dark attacks for MM. I loved having Black Arrow as it fit in with the dark ranger vibe so something like that or a variant?

Plagued Arrow?

I’m not going to delve too deep.

1)Keep the melee survival spec and give us a 4th spec, a ranged survival spec(can be named something else) to bring back old ranged survival spec. Ranger could be the name maybe?

2)Cosmetic quivers that you an equip in the character slot that you can transmog into other quiver/ammo pouches.

3)Exotic ammunition for MM, but 1 and 2 are more important.

4 Likes

With no Redesigns or Legion-ess Reworks, i cant see a fourth specc being realistic, or the revert of the Survivals melee Iteration back to ranged, so i would say… its pretty much confirmed, if we do ever get a Ranged Survival back… it wont be this expansion.

I’d work along the situation of nothing major happening, we’ll prolly see maybe Some New things, Some talents baselined and Reintroduction of old abilities (this wont apply to survival… cause all they can do is Unprune what they pruned in Legion)

im only warning, as this will likely reach Dissapointment… as its already confirmed by Ion, the cores of classes and Speccs are staying the same, they’re merely going to Reintroduce old abilities, Spread more abilities throughout the Speccs to make the class Identity stronger, baseline Some of the talent choices we have currently to make the class Identity more featured in its core. and then introduce New talents in place of those made baseline to prolly give a flavour of New abilities and passives to work with

Quivers are a possibility, but given we’re seeing new backpieces coming in i find unlikely… but it is a cosmetic we can push for.

my fear is we’ll see Hunters get shafted with this sadly.

Survival, cant really have as many abilities shared across it being a Melee Counterpart, so with only legion to unprune from… I dont know if we’ll just see the specc basically remain identical to what it is now, maybe with 2 or 3 talent options baselined.

BM / MM I suspose they have a few more options they can do.

they give both Chimera Shot Baseline, they could revert volley back to its orginal iteration for both of these speccs. and Spread Cobra shot to MM. they could also baseline Barrage and Camouflage for them.

Looking at them individually.

We could see, Serpent Sting, Piercing Shot and Lock and Loaded baselined for them, these were all once baseline abilits (apart from Piercing shot… but it’d still be nice to see this at baseline rather then a talent, it really fits MM theme… even if they baseline barrage for BM and give us Barrage as a talent to replace Piercing shot for wider AoE)

BM, we could see Animal Companion, A Murder of Crows, Dire beast and Stampede all made Baseline, giving us back the Arifact weapon Trait back at baseline, Murder of Crows imho feels like a Beastial ability and should be baselined for these guys. and Dire beast… imho just adds More to use and fits the theme.

Survivals a Tricky one though.

I’d like to see the return of Caltrops. I liked the ability… i’d like to see butchery Rebaselined, and Carve to be maybe a short CD burst AoE ability. Mongoose bite could do with being made baseline.Wildfire infusion and Guerilla tactics would be Nice to see Baselined. Steel trap should be baselined (we shouldnt be talenting into something thats always been a feature for hunter… we should have a array of traps avaliable to core class… i want the return of the Snake Trap for all 3 speccs also) Chakrams would be nice at baseline too… considering they’re doing this Melee/Ranged hybrid idea now and terms of Engagement would be nice at baseline.

From here i guess, the new Stuff would have to replace these talents… but thats all i can see survival getting maximum… even if blizzard intends to do this much for the specc… Effectively… it could go into Shadowlands exactly as it is now and be Super unpopular for another expansion XD

realistically i can see Traps being brought back to all 3 speccs, i can see the ones stated on their reveal to defintly come back. I can see Chimera Shot being baselined for BM and MM, maybe 1 or 2 additional talents being baselined to make room for New Ones. then being left.

So MM and BM will prolly become alittle more interesting… Survival just left as the Red headed Child specc which will maybe see some DPS Adjustments and Mongoose bite being baselined.

I think that’ll be the end game and Survival will just drown to 0 popularity and we’ll see it reverted to a Range spec in 10.0 :stuck_out_tongue:

Replace serpent sting with a cooler animation than that sillly mini crossbow and I’m good

Might be stupid. But… The ranged/relic slot return. Even when playing a warrior i find meh pulling spears from the rear.

I couldn’t agree more. Rapid Fire is an ability I’d like to see reworked or even removed completely. It feels like I’m using a machine gun instead of a bow - reminds me of that ability that Demon Hunters use in Diablo 3. It just looks ridiculous.

3 Likes

I just want marked shot or something similar back… every time i see the rapid fire animation and then remember legion marked shot i die a bit inside

Unfortunately, I cannot comment on Marked Shot because I didn’t play hunter during Legion (I had an orc hunter in WoD and I miss the ranged Survival spec!). However, if Marked Shot was really better than Rapid Fire, I propably wouldn’t say no to it.

1 Like

Imagine the red arrow of rapid fire, now, imagine using a multishot on 10 enemies, you press marked shot and 10 red arrows are shot instantly one to each enemy. Hope this gives you an idea, if you search mm hunter legion m+ you’ll find some videos where they use, it was very cool.

I managed to find a couple of videos, and after watching them, I see now what you mean. Marked Shot looked a lot cooler than Rapid Fire. We can always hope that Blizzard decides to bring it back or something even better. Until then, we are stuck with Rapid Fire :neutral_face:

I hated marked shot because of the debuff it used to put on the enemy, and without the debuff your primary damage abilities would hit like sponges thrown at the enemy(Meaning almost zero damage). The debuff would give 150% or 225% extra damage on your aimed shot/marked shot.

Also the marked shot itself(An instant ability) used to hit more than aimed shot(2 seconds cast).

Marked shot and aimed shot felt like they were only 1 ability split in half, making it 2 halves of an ability.

If aimed shot hits more than the marked shot and they were made to be two different abilities instead of 2 halves of 1 ability, I would be fine with it.

Edit:At a later patch the debuff was nerfed to increase damage done by 100% instead or 150 or 225 whatever it was, and aimed shot topoltip damage was buffed a little to compensate. But my point still stands.

I cannot really agree or disagree, because I never had a chance to try MM during Legion. But, if what you say is true, then it seems that Marked Shot wasn’t working perfectly either. All I can say is, that it looked better visually than Rapid Fire.

I’m far from being an expert in this matter, so I don’t know what would be a good solution :thinking:

Yeah the mechanics tied to marked shot weren’t good, but the animation and feel of the spell where very nice, which is why i prefer it to rapid fire :stuck_out_tongue:

Cosmetic quivers!

I won’t speak to BM or SV, I don’t play either.

Remember the days of MM being able to move
and shoot? I’d love that back. Even the system of
doing more DPS when static was better than this
current situation.

We’re getting Kill Shot back, I hope it’s just like it
used to be and not mangled.

Oh and MM cleave, 2 or more targets thanks as
3 is incredibly annoying.

1 Like