New Gaming PC

Hey guys,

I recently made a post on a dutch forum asking for advice for my new gaming PC. My budget is around 1400-1500 ish, and I would like to add a monitor in this budget. I might want to stream aswell. I don’t have a lot of knowledge around building pc’s or actually setting up a build. I mainly play World of Warcraft, but I might play some other shooter games aswell. Someone came up with this:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Wraith Boxed
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce
NZXT H500 Zwart
G.Skill Aegis F4-3000C16D-16GISB
Corsair RM550x (2018)
Intel 660p 1TB
Samsung LC27JG50QQU Zilver (Monitor)

This will be around €1400. Any recommendations/opinons are really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Looks good. You may also check ultrawide monitors - I have a 3440x1440 one and it’s awesome for WoW and other “immersion” games.

1. Ryzen 5 2600: on 07.07 AMD is launching second gen CPUs - you can get the newer one or look for sale on better Ryzen 7 or alike of current gen.
  2. GeForce RTX 2070: there can be price cuts on Nvidia GPUs and addition of “Super” variants. That or AMD Navi is worth to look at. Navi is presented as bit faster than RTX 2070 while being bit cheaper.
  3. Corsair RM550x: potentially bit stronger PSU wouldn’t hurt :wink:
  4. NZXT H500: that’s personal preferences. I would opt for something smaller :slight_smile:

So within 3 weeks there will be a lot of things going on the PC market. If you can wait for it - may be worth it.

1 Like

No point repeating what @Bigkeg said…

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, while I was looking for a new pc, my old graphic card broke down. There was no hurry, but there kinda is one now unfortunately…

About the PSU, which do u recommend? Some people were saying this was enough watts, but u recommend more? Because of the build or just to be futureproof?

Thanks!

Then it’s time for the buy button, or at least the GPU. Kind of unfortunate.

Looking at price listings right now if you want to save a bit then new Vegas 64 are ~100EUR cheaper than RTX 2070 while being only slightly slower than RTX 2070… so for value - either look for good quality second hand GTX 1080 Ti, check Vega 64 bundles or cash in on less price/performance balanced but stronger RTX 2080/Radeon 7. (1080 Ti >= 2070 > Vega 64)

https://geizhals.eu/sapphire-nitro-radeon-rx-vega-64-11275-03-40g-a1798147.html

https://geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&xf=9810_9+6497+-+RTX+2070

You can put like 250-300W in total for GPU, 100-150W for CPU and like 20-50W for rest. Rough estimates but say it’s around 500W - it won’t happen during WoW gameplay as it’s not Furmark + Aida64 turned on at once but still to keep the PSU quiet and cold it’s good to have like 100W above worst case scenario. 550W isn’t bad, but if you find a 600-650W it won’t hurt either. (also overkill like 1000W isn’t recommended as under low load PSU performance isn’t great).

That 3D Nand does have lower durability and that SSD will degrade in performance when getting closer to getting full. Just to point it out.

Your comments are really appreciated. I will have a look, probably will press the buy button this weekend. Really really unfortunately that my old system let me down, otherways I would wait it out…

I will check for a 650 Watt then, I dont mind spending that small bit extra just to be safe. The size difference between those two aren’t that big that it might not fit in my NZXT right?

And for the SSD, I still have another hard drive in my old pc which I will use as a "trashcan"for everything besides games, so i think that should be fine. But thanks for the tip :)!

ATX power supplies must be of specific sizes so it will fit 99% of the times. Very small cases may have some problems with longer ones.

Hey,

One last question. I want my pc to be build for me ( I have 0 clue how to do it myself and don’t wanna take any risks.) Now they don’t have the GPU that is in the list ( Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 WINDFORCE 8G), but they do have this one:

• Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING OC WHITE 8G

Do you know if there is a huge difference? I can’t seem to find any resourceful sites…

Thanks!!

It’s white so it matches white cases and motherboard better. That’s the only difference.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.