New idea: Hypercharged Chronoboon Displacer (5 charges)

G’day!

So me and friend was discussing the other night about how awesome it would be if we could buy a “Hypercharged Chronoboon Displacer” which would basically be a “Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer” with let’s say … 5 uses / charges? Meaning if you store your world buffs into this item, you can charge them back on yourself up to 5 times.
That way you don’t lose all the fun in a raid due to another one’s simple mistake that lead you to dying.

Hypercharged Chronoboon Displacer
Item Level 60
Binds when picked up
Unique

Use: [Restores your suspended world effects.]
5 charges

This item would suggestively be sold to the hefty price of 100g and only purchasable once per week. Also this would be a good gold sink that at the same time feels rewarding.

Comments? Bad idea? Good idea but adjustments needed?
If you like this idea, please help spread it to the developers via X and post it on US forums since I believe EU forum don’t get much recognition.

At this point maybe just do world buffs permanent then? Or even disable them completely in last tier raid?

1 Like

Great idea:)
Or just remove them, or make them permanent :stuck_out_tongue:

At this point it seems pretty clear to me that Blizzard wants to keep world buffs to have players at least make some sort of an effort in order to reap the benefits that those buffs bring.

The buffs shouldn’t be permanent either because that would just make parse runs extremely try-hardish with endless tries in order to get the perfect parse. 5 charges might even be too much so maybe 3 charges is just the right amount for people to feel like they have some sort of an extra life line.

Considering many boss mechanics are simply not made with world buffs in mind (vael for example), it’s extremely unforgiving and kind of sucks to have the taken away due to you just being unlucky and dying to a mechanic that kind of is intended to kill people off.

Blizzard already tried disabling world buffs in SoM (season of mastery that was in 2021), and that season failed, so here they tried to go other way and so they keep world buffs for a reason. It’s just more world content and effort then just raid logging once a week, you should spend some time getting buffs outside a raid. I dont sure is it good idea or bad and how it impacts overall online, but they at least experementing with this, yes world buffs for sure need some changes (if we are talking about possible future classic+), but in my opinion they shouldn’t be completely removed (or made permanent that’s in fact the same as completely removed)

Is this in regards to wowlogs/parsing/chasing top dps spot kind of thing?

They help obviously I won’t deny that, but there’s been the occasional where we loose them early but still manage to clear rest raid with no wipes.

They are not essential to succeed for a normal raid group just wanting to clear, but will be essential for those eyeballing numbers constantly/sweat lords i guess?

I suppose if a raid take 30mins longer than it did last week that’s worse than a kick in the crown jewels to some peeps, time to get those self flagellation chains out and teach yourself a lesson! “must raid faster” /whip