New idle and combat-ready poses

I realise this may sound like an extremely trivial issue, and in all honesty it is trivial, but I’ve been thinking for a while now about how I dislike the fact that our characters are normally just standing there like stockfish.
When we unsheat our weapons, they keep their pose, reach for it and just stand there.
This was never a problem for me until they reworked the character creation, where the characters strike all manners of cool poses.

So what I want is this:

• Idle poses to choose from, like XIV, or even personalities, similar to ESO, both with and without weapons ready

Reasons to do it:

• It would make our characters look way cooler, it’s incredible how important posing is when you want a character to look good, and this translates positively into fun, for the same reason why good animations make combat more engaging and satisfying.
  • They could be unlockables for solo/casual content (like reps or questlines). More reasons to play the game when your buddies aren’t online.
  • Our characters could gain a bit more personality this way, and we’d have the feeling we have chosen what personality to give them. It could be another way (like transmog, character appearance) to express ourselves through our character, which in turn makes us bond more with them and makes us more reluctant to unsub or more willing to resub, so Bobby should be happy and now I don’t want it anymore.
  • Some of these animations are already in the game. Of course I’m not saying they would be easy to implement, I’m not a dev, but surely not everything needs to be built from the ground up.

I can’t post pictures because a classless society is still a distant dream, but you all know the difference between how cool characters look in the creation screen, and how once you log in, apart from the occasional butt scratch, they’re just standing there looking basic af.

These were my feelings.

7 Likes

If they could give the female night elves alternative clap and cheer emotes and give them the option to not jump up and down every few minutes to bounce stuff it would be great.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea op

“Allow me to introduce you to Tyrande Whisperwind, the 10,000 year old leader of the Keldorei, High priestess of Elune, former Night Warrior and vessel of vengeance,destroyer of demons and general of countless battles, protector of Azeroth & one of the most powerful characters in the Warcraft universe”

Tyrande:

3 Likes

Oh my, I find it so silly. You should be able to make a badass nelf woman… I mean, some animations really make me not play certain race/sex combos.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.