New Item to Mitigate Stygia Loss in the Maw

I farm rep for mounts not gear.

It’s getting more and more bliztarded for every day…

1 Like

Personally, I think it’s cause there should be some sort of punishment if you die. Right now, we’re pretty much JUST being inconvenienced by dying. The additional layer on death is welcoming, especially since the community is so lax.

Why so early? Why not add it in 9.3 when stygia will be totally irrelevant?

1 Like

maw and maw intro/torghast and reskinned korthia is punishment enough, nevermind gating and grind.

It’s crazy that Blizzard acknowledges that players hate losing Stygia in the maw, so instead of removing a feature nobody likes they add a vendor to minimize it.

Even though this is a beneficial change, it’s a stupid change and shows how far gone the devs truly are.

2 Likes

Remove the final 25% in the shop…

Yeah those… Those doesn’t count.

Yea remove durability loss for deaths too. Consequence suck.

Also, if you don’t want to lose stygia don’t die.

Most of this outrage is because of wipes on the world boss due to dks being dks.

1 Like

and yet they do in terms of players leaving the game. It is part of this consistent lack of learning on blizzards side what is putting people off more and more.

1 Like

Lol :smiley: And again wasted time for something unnecessary. Blizzard, just stop!

Does not like =/= Punishment.

If people don’t like the fact that they are losing stygia when they die in the maw. Maybe they should just, you know?

Git Gud

You will still want to pick up the currency if you die, so this change is kinda pointless. Could instead make X amount of deaths that day free from losing stygia.

Those 2 words are overdone and redundant, its part of the systematic problem of the entire expansion. Gating and grind has overtaken fun in a big way. saying git gud is a nonsense at this point when so many players are stepping back from this expansion or simply voicing their concerns to a brick wall.

1 Like

Giving you something Grind free? In wow? Nope. Not happening. You need to throw up a bit in your mouth before getting there.

1 Like

I haven’t logged in. Is it an item that takes up bag space?

Not picking at you personally Kaivax, but I love how it’s been identified that players universally hate a mechanic rather than remove it, we instead get a mechanism that only mature/high geared characters can use to mitigate the loss. Characters most likely to die in the Maw, and for whom the loss of stygia will be most impactful, cannot get this item.

Just dump/get rid of/remove/dispose of/delete/expunge/destroy/wipe clean/erase the concept of losing a resource on death. It has no place in modern WoW.

Your players. Do not. Like it.

This is just going to be another conduit energy debacle.

Please, stop adding complexity in order to make horrible systems 75% less horrible. They’re still 25% more horrible than if they didn’t exist at all. Take the simple solution instead of the complicated one.

7 Likes

Haven’t they lost enough players already?

This doesn’t seem like a great move on their part :confused:

1 Like

I mean… it won’t be the reason people quit. It will probably slightly increase average player happiness.

But this item only helps people who are at less risk in the Maw already - seasoned characters with higher gear. The characters in 180 gear don’t have any access to this and are way more likely to die in the first place.

Just another conduit energy system, but at least we’re coming at it from the perspective of “it used to be even worse”. It is a step in the right direction, it’s just a baby step.

only way to lose stygia is to die in the maw. The solution? Literally just don’t die. And how would one go about it?

Don’t pull more mobs than you know you can handle
Learn your aggro radius. Keep pots with you and have your potential healing spells/abilities ready.

It is quite literally the epitome of “get better at the game”. The worst part about this whole thing is that blizzard is taking their time giving us items like this instead of fixing the actual game.

Oh you died in the maw? Boo freaking hoo. I can’t even play the game cause I get disco-locked cause I jumped and landed SLIGHTLY wrong. There are more important things to use the manpower on than pleasing people who aren’t even good at the game.

The maw isn’t a casual area, stop treating as such. Not to mention, we already got rid of the eye and gained the ability to mount. You don’t need more.