New models are dissapointing

I prefer us dancing when casting it was better at least for me but now I’m tossing bricks all the time it’s stupid.And trust me walking doesant look feral it looks dumb aswel like we are in constipation constantly.

While it seems to be impossible for some you can be both, excited for change and being disappointed with what you got. I’m one of these people.

Unlike others in this thread, I do not like the new Worgen model. Or to be exact, the model is ok (although considering the time it took them it’s actually not) but I hate the new walking animation and the way he spreads away his hands the whole time. Like he says “uh oh uh, the floor is lava” now.

1 Like

Generally I find that the old models have better animations except for on the face. The new ones are superior in every other aspect.

There are just some small things about some of the old models’ animations. One of the things that really bothers me about the new Tauren female, for instance, is that the tail doesn’t quite look attached to the body because of the way that it moves, whereas the old one looks perfect. A lot of video game animators forget that tails extend the spine when they animate anthropomorphic characters.

Another great example is the Undead spell casting animation. Used to look really friggin’ cool to the point where it made you feel awesome. Hundreds of PvP videos were made just spinning around undeads casting because it just looked that darn cool. Modern animation? Nowhere near as cool.

But then there are also those cases where the new models are so ridiculously superior to the old ones that there’s nothing to discuss. Example of this is Worgen female. Like, holy heck.

1 Like

Proof you can’t satisfy everyone, i got 8 worgens ( or well 4 females ) And i prefer all the new animations much better than the old ^-^

Well I still like the old ones but I’m happy for you dude for liking the new wonky animations but you still ain’t gonna convince me to like them :yum::+1:.

I mean if it helps, i do like the old ones aswell ^^

But the new ones <3

1 Like

Way too bouncy. They dont look like they fit into a warcraft game, they belong into a disney movie. Especially the new gnomes, humans and taurens.
edit: and ofc the furry worgens as well now. Like that wolf looks like he is drinking tea with some grandma instead of eating her for dinner.

1 Like

I really like them, but I also somewhat agree with you. I was a bit dissapointed about the small amount of options for skintones and so on. But this is the same for every race. WoW has never had great customization, the new models are still much superior to their old versions though.

I would be happy if they recreated the old faces exactly as they were. That is what I expected back when they announced the enhancement. Alas they made them bland and goofy looking(at least the male options I play). And even though there are some exceptions, my two favourite races were definitely screwed. Also why ruin Tyrande after her transformation? She now looks like a young generic night elf female…

2 Likes

As i stated graphically the old faces looked hideous but atleast they did not suffer the same face syndrome.

I think it would have solved most problems people have if they would had enhanced the character creation tool with new options for hair/face/colors when they upgraded the faces instead of cutting corners on whole process trying to please people who were attached to old ps1 era jpeg faces that on some races were so blurry that you thought you were not wearing your glasses.

1 Like

Yeah… no… old models S.U.C.K

That might be cause everyone was happy with the model already. What did you expect? Goblins were not worgen. They didn’t have an army complaining that they are not pro-furry or anti-furry enough. The goblins didn’t get a total makeover cause they didn’t need one.

Why do so many people hate the running animation, its feral, its more worgen

The old one is bassicly the result if you had just turn into a worgen and are still getting used to your paws, which doesn’t make sense if you’ve been one for as long as me

In my opinion. Most of the old models were abominations in compare to the new ones. Example: Orcs / Dwarves / Taurens

I feel like the new models match the artwork of the different races a lot better than the old ones did. For example the old tauren models looked nothing like the artwork.

What you, and more so others, don’t understand it’s not the pixel count or meshes it’s about, all that is superficial. It’s about design.
Many of the faces DO look similar, they are the budget version.

Can also add that some were translated very well from old to new, blood elf females and warlock pets comes to mind, others were butchered. Like undead female faces are awful, and they were never improved in any way.

Casting animations for male undead were changed for no reason, they went from best to worst, and yes, that’s my personal biggest issue with the new models.
Many of the new running animation were changed and they had to tone down the bouncing. They never touched female undead bouncing though.

Wrong forum, head over to classic if you desire to talk about that (which you clearly want).

1 Like

<3 10 char

New models ARE superior to old ones, of course…but the biggest issue with new models is the ‘same face syndrome’.
Basically…looking at Gnomes, Goblins, Night Elves, Blood Elves…and probably many more, all the faces are practically the same compared to their old models.
It’s a little beyond me why they didn’t just…add actual variety with faces. :thinking:
I’m still hopeful for some MAJOR character customization options, it has been far too long without ANY improvement to this old customization, it’s embarrassing and it’s annoying me >>

Lool so many people that loves retarded faces, rip 2019

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.