New models are dissapointing

I do not like when they make new models and replace the one you have played for years. Why can’t they upgrade the models we already havewith higher pixel count etc and maybe add more on top of that? The old models were superior to the new when it comes to artistic talent from the designers.

The new models. I had a look at the goblins. Its basically the same face with same eyes, same nose, same ears. Just different eye colors, eyebrows and wrinkles.

Is the budget really that tight Blizz?

10 Likes

The new models are superior to the old ones in all possible terms.

19 Likes

Disagree. When it comes to the old ones. I am speaking about the trolls, gnomes, elves. etc.

The only area they are superior is in graphics quality. Look at the night elves. The old ones had a lot of charm. They were cute, they were like fairy tale they had lots of charm.

4 Likes

The old models of trolls and gnomes in particular looked absolutely hideous… I could also put dwarfs, orcs and tauren there as well.

3 Likes

New models is king
I miss that psycho dwarf male face tho :rofl:

7 Likes

This is really the only thing I didn’t like about new models. The dwarf’s r*pe face was my most favourite. Aside from this the new models were a huge improvement. But I also don’t play the ‘pretty’ races that didn’t have horrible old models or animations.

1 Like

From this remark, I’m guessing you don’t know how 3d models work.
Higher pixel count is only for textures. The models themselves have polygon meshes and the more polygons a model has, the smoother its shapes will be.

That’s not a simple matter of ‘upping the counter’. There’s a lot more things models have to be able to do nowadays than in the old days of WoW (like way more sophisticated facial animations).

The base is the same, the ear option changes the ears and nose (always found that weird with goblins; I’d rather see those 2 options seperated - but… they were always that way).

This is very subjective. What appeals to someone design-wise isn’t good or bad, just different. I think the newer models are better than the old ones.

1 Like

Some new models are really well done, no complaints there. But others however do require some fine tuning for sure.

What sucks is that Blizzard seems to release new models and then we hear nothing about them anymore, so wether they do continue to work on them or not we don’t know.

I still don’t like the worgen model walking and casting animations for example worgen walking looks strange and their casting animation look like they are constantly trying to toss a brick at someone :rofl:.

1 Like

Looks like another poorly disguised classic troll. While they are not perfect, new models of all races are superior in every possible way to the old ones.

4 Likes

The new female Worgen model is a substantial improvement. The running animation is a little weird at first, but I don’t mind it much anymore after just a few days. The face is much better. I also like the new casting animations (the “creating a ball of energy” one in particular). Hands seem too big now, though, but the footpaws are much better.

4 Likes

Well each to their own I don’t like the brick tossing casting of worgen and walking feels constipated.

Lol… its funny that prior to 8.2.5 many of those who were looking for the new models were excited and cant wait for thier release specially after previewing them in website such as wowhead…and now that they are released…boohoo bring back the old model…

Lol
https ://imgur.com/r/wow/HTodJtS

2 Likes

It’s not even graphics quality, it’s really just better pixel resolution and polygon count.
It’s the MMO target audience though. People don’t want what they consider as “ugly” for their characters, especially for female characters. So we have these weird things like troll and draenei woman looking like from a different species or the new goblins with smooth skin, round faces and perfect makeup.

1 Like

Thats nostalgia talking, sounds like you weren’t ready to give them up :p.

The old models were dull and are simply just not supported anymore.

1 Like

This is basically me.

I disagree I liked the old ones better.

Can you please define “Artistic Talent”?

Cause it kinda sounds like “your opinion”.

And objectively design has improved in every way lately, that why graphics requirements went up with BFA duh

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly! And the fact that people overall are happy with the new faces, blows my mind. The old ones looked far more unique and fitting to their race… especially humans (it was like every face had a different backround) and night elves, which were literally butchered. I know that opinions differ but if you think the new generic and stupid looking human models are superior, I strongly believe you don’t really mean it. As for night elves, they looked far more angular and handsome than these guys we have today, who look like they have been bitten by the new bee mount, while being allergic to it. At least we now have the option to play classic again… but damn.

2 Likes

Replacing the characters we chose with those cheap and nasty substitutes is high on my list of Worst Work Ever in WoW, and unlike most of the decisions I don’t like, I specifically blame the people responsible for the badness.

3 Likes