NEW New Mount for 500 Mounts Meta Achievement

Mount reward for 500 mounts meta achievement has once again been updates. It’s still an otter but now it’s spectral so it will stand out from other otter mounts added to the game. But that not all, this mount can now fly, but even this is not all as this mount also increases your swim speed!

I really really like this new mount, I was actually kinda sad with the rewards they showed before. The first ground otter mount was fine as a mount, but I didn’t really like that it was a meta achievement mount. This one stands out and it also swims fast which is a really really great feature.

What do you think about this new Meta Achievement mount reward?

1 Like

For anyone who hasn’t seen the updated version:-

1 Like

But why only 500, alot of people sitting on above 800 and dragonflight is not even released yet.

We get 2000 pet achiv and nobody in the game got that many pets so why add so low on mounts?

The achievement works based on what one character can summon/use. I don’t think that’s even hit 800. Those numbers are only reached via overall mount count of all characters.

Yea maybe u right but alot of people got over 700 for sure, they still adding 2k pet achiv that nobody got ingame so adding low number on mounts is kinda strange.

Yeah it’s odd that one is getting a massive increase that isn’t possible until the next expansion and the other is getting one that is already obtainable. But I find the mount achies are always behind by the time they introduce the next one.

1 Like

What an ugly thing that one :no_mouth: I preferred the old model of otter.

There is another otter mount in game which is more like the other reward.

I dislike that its cheaped out by the spectralness of it.
Its half invisible… I rather have the swim+fly without it loosing texture.

I like it. I was one of the big whiners about the Carrier Ottuk and I can defo say I’m satisfied with this mount now. It’s the only soulshape mount, only flying Ottuk, and the only all-terrain mount besides Aurelids.

They couldn’t have brought out a new and amazing flashy mount in such a short time window between now and prepatch, so the solution they came up with is good enough. The only complaint I would have with it is that it almost disappears during its Mountspecial, but that’s an issue with all Soulshapes.

450 Mounts still doesn’t exist though and the community is begging for the Stormcrow mount. So there’s that.

Hopefully this one will be added in soon, and 550 and 600 in patches to follow (instead of us having to wait another 4 years.)

Because reality is not that many people have 500 mounts. Only Tiny Tiny minority Has that much mounts. I mean i Play this game for years and quite a lot and i dont even have 400 yet. 500 mounts is a looot of mounts

There is more ppl with 400+ mounts then ppl with ce from any tier,wouldnt be surprised if over 5% of population would reach it considering how many mounts they add every patch

It’s an alright update I guess, but it’s not to my liking.

I don’t agree with how this mount works, it does everything.

It’s irrelevant how hard is to get the mount, it is too convenient.

See? This is the kind of things WoW devs do that make no sense. Today they say they don’t want old mounts to become obsolete and then they release a flying mount that also works as an underwater one, and they will not be able to undo the decision without lots of backlash because they back off something that they added that was too good.

The most similar situation we had was the water strider, and the backlash for it was incredibly high even with the new addition of mount equipment, allowing all mounts to have the possibility to do what the water strider did.

Their solution to everyone using the water strider was to add mount equipment that works in a very parasitical way and just enlarges the tools available to players in an exponential manner, a thing they themselves regretted in the past for obvious reasons.

I can see them one day making all ground mounts able to fly, another thing that would be a mistake, since yes, FFXIV has that, but this game is not FFXIV and we deserve better things than the game turning into a miscellany of cosmetics with no depth, and the same way they have adapted their version of flying similar to one of the mounts of Guild Wars, they should also do the same with ground mounts, something that adds more depth and gameplay to the game instead of the contrary.

TL:DR: The mount is too convenient and they should not add it in that state, and instead create more gameplay functionalities for different kinds of mounts instead of things like these.

1 Like

Whil I get what you are saying. 500 is a big number to get so not a lot of players are gonna have that mount, for at least 1 or two expansions after Df. On the other hand, this new otter flying mount does not benefit from mount equipment, so it balances out, and even makes it a worse mount in some cases.

I JUST got the 400 achiev

Guess I’m not done farming mounts haha

Not yet but u are getting there :slight_smile:

And here I am still riding my gryphon. Not overly big, flashy or bouncy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.