New notebook has no drivers

So I bought this notebook here for my dad:
hp 250 g8 4p373es

it came with no windows installed, so I downloaded windows on a boot flash drive and tried to install it. First problem: no driver for the hard disk found, so I went to the website of Intel and downloaded the driver on an USB flash drive, installed the hard disk driver and then installed the OS.

Now that the OS is installed I cant do anything tho.
Windows says all the drivers are fine, but no services and devices are recognized, i cant use the touchpad, no wifi, no soundcard, basically nothing works.
Since this notebook doesnt have an ethernet port I cant use the internet this way, so I went to the website from HP to download all drivers on my own computer (to put on an usb) :
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-250-g8-notebook-pc/38151396
Unfortunatley I just get an endless loading screen (I suspect, that I just get the right drivers if I enter the website with the correct HP product).

Anyway, I am kinda stuck right now, so I appreciate any help to extinguish this dogshi-t dumpster fire of Microsoft/HP incompetence.

Please excuse my wording, I am kinda salty right now.

Kind regards :slight_smile:

Flash a usb stick with a linux distro and see how the hardware behaves. (Linux Mint for example) Can check most things like driver issues just running it in live mode from the usb instead of installing anything. Linux generally have most drivers baked into the kernel.

edit : If it has secure boot enabled you may have to disable that in bios to load it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.