New pc build

Anyone tell me how this system will handle the rest of BFA and shadowlands? I’ve ordered it in the hope of playing it on a 1440p 144hz monitor. Will it be sufficient for raiding mythic?

be quiet! Silent Wings 3 (120mm) PWM Case Fan
1 x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
1 x Phanteks p400A - White
1 x Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Air Tower Cooler
1 x EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1+ 650W Modular 80+ Gold PSU
1 x Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD
1 x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz
1 x AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6GHz 8 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
1 x MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX AMD Motherboard
1 x Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce 8GB

Looks OK; plenty of headroom.

Yes absolutely.
Altough you will always get the ocasional drop below 60 FPS in raids, especially when aoeing lots of trash and having lots of addons enabled.

Well depends…
He is aiming for 144 FPS, so there is not really any headroom actually since you won’t get these high FPS in WoW except when questing and not even then all the time depending on the settings and number of players/npcs nearby.

Yeah, it’ll be fine. You can’t expect systems to run at such framerates in busy areas anyways, why you think the devs brought in a seperate graphical setting to adjust for those busy raid/pvp areas to ensure you can keep seeing less stuttering.

A motherboard with B550 chipset might be better though and opens up further upgrade options later on if you want to upgrade your m.2 drive to a 4.0 device.

That would help a lot with loading times and any addons that require a lot of I/O access.

I didn’t even notice any difference in loading times switching from a normal sata samsung SSD to a Samsung Nvme. Nothing. In other games the same.
Even though on paper the difference is night and day.

Maybe next gen console ports will finally make use of that bandwidth.

I’m hoping so but a lot of pc gamers don’t even have nvme drives so it’s hard to get a game to use those new features without losing money by lowering the amount of customers.

So I can’t see many games taking advantage of 4.0 nvme such as streaming loading like we saw on PS5 demostration.

Minimal spec for games needs a boost upwards I think.

Well, even Shadowlands is listing a SSD under minimum requirements.
Playing WoW on a mechanical drive is really not a pleasant experience :stuck_out_tongue:
I have been playing WoW from SSD since 2014, so i can’t even imagine anymore what it must be like today to have insane loading times and stuttering now and then.

I replied to a build opinion thread, didn’t I…?
I knew I’d get shot down if I replied, but I did anyway…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.