New PC for BFA

Hey everyone!

Need your advice on a new build to run wow smoothly.
I’ve tryed my best to gather up this build on a budget, let me know if something is wrong or shouldn’t be there, and also what would you guys change.

cpu: I5 9400F 2.9Ghz
board: Asus prime H310M-E microATX
ram: Gskill Ripjaw 8GB (2x4gb) DDR4 2666mhz
graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1660 6GB DDR5 or MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB DDR5
storage: Crucial bx500 SSD 240gb Sata3

If you can stretch to 16GB RAM, that would be useful, as WoW & Win10 will easily ‘eat’ 8GB.

Yep, i was wondering the same, probably buying 1st a single 8gb , and another after, considering this board only have 2 slots for ram.

thanks!

Dunno about your exact budget, but graphics card aside, I threw this together for you to ponder over… mainly as it seems the 'board you listed above seems to be end-of-line.
https ://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/7rXMZf

Includes 16GB RAM & a 'board w/ 4 RAM slots

Cries in 8Gb ram

'tis true, though… :frowning:

That explains why the loading can be slow sometimes D: i’ve had it since start of legion!

That or using a mechanical drive for your game/install drive - SSD is where it’s at.

if budget allows it, go for 1660ti - while im here, im rebuilding next year and this is what im aiming at:-

Aorus Elite x570 mobo
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU
16gb trident x ram @3200mhz
Gigabyte gtx 1660ti windforce
250gb ssd (or m.2 equivalent) for windows and system
500gb ssd for games and most used programs
1tb HDD for music, videos, pics, etc

just need advice on a decent power supply as the are notoriously hit and miss - perhaps Eighjan could offer some advice here

Thanks for the feedback.
The ryzen 3600 and GTX 1660ti is what um trying to date, but i think my budget range can only afford for that cpu and graphic.
Power supply Im thinking about Corsair 550w, should bem plenty for this setup.

personally (and i’m not trying to get you over budget here) I would go for a 650w power supply - gives you plenty of headroom for future expansion eg more RAM, bigger video card - most video card manufacturers say 550-650w unless you go for AMD cards which are extremely power hungry. BTW are you looking at a standard power supply or a modular one?

modular or semi modular… i hate those “ancient” ones x)

My Ryzen 5 3600/RX Vega 56 system is being fed by a 750w PSU; my recommendation would be for 600w, minimum - even worth getting 80+ Gold 600w over a 80+ Bronze 750w (like mine).

Most PSU makers have a PSU calculator to give you an idea of what absolute minimum you need - take the no. they arrive at & add 20-25% for breathing room.

Yes; semi-modular, minimum - that way all you need to ‘add’ are the cables for your drives & graphics card… & you may even have left over cables for adding more stuff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.