New PC for Dragonflight

-white noise-

I think it would be best if the OP considers all posts.

I’m still on Lefronso’s side more than Athena’s
500€ might be hard. But 1400€ for Wow on Ultra @ 144hz, seems overkill

(And despite being accused of trolling in this thread, I’m not. Just a bit outdated PC wise and also curious)

I have a 5900X, 32GB of RAM, and an RTX 3080, and I cannot always run WoW at 4K Ultra with raytracing. In some locations I can - arenas for example run fine, and so do most old continents. But if I go to Ardenweald or, indeed, the Dragon Isles, then I cannot. I usually cap out between 80 and 100 FPS.

Now, if that PC can’t do it, then you can absolutely bet your socks that a €1400 PC can’t do it either.

But OP wanted to play in 144hz, 1440, not 4k is it?

Granted, this whole ress and hz stuff is messing with my mind.
It’s the same but it’s not. YOU WUT.

Sorry. I hope this thread will update my pc head a little

I see now specs that do 4k @ 60hz and 1k @ 144hz+
(help)

No idea why he got flaged, maybe because its totaly out of point of what OP asked ? But saying u can get pc for 300 where u can play at max settings is way from truth . Unless they have super cheap PCs in US which i doubt .

Here u cant even get a 1k series machine for that price.

He is right about cpu, but if u cant realy go with highend cpu/ram and trash gpu . Also buying pc “just for wow” seems kinda lame

Aside from posting this in Games, Gaming & Hardware, what CPU & GPU are you currently using…?

The whole design premise of a PC is that machines can be upgraded; you may only need a better CPU/platform.

1 Like

He just said 144Hz as far as I can see, and there are 4K144Hz screens - I’m using one.

Maybe I just missed it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gotta love over-generalisations… not everyone plays every game on the market, “because it exists”, some players are a bit more selective.

1 Like

I run 3060 Ti + 5600X and I get 80-165fps everywhere, with everything maxed out,also 1440p resolution with 165hz.

And I still think way worse rigs can squeeze out somewhat similar performance so “at least 3070” doesn’t make much sense here. I would rather call it an overkill.

P.S 4k gaming is a meme.

WoW and FF14 are the only PC games I play. So I basically buy a PC “just for WoW” as FF14 is on PS5 and I have a PS5.

1 Like

You don’t need a massive PC to run this game, until I bought my new PC just before Sl came out I was playing on a 1080 with a 4790k and could play in 4k.

1 Like

What is MUCH more important in my opinion is the quality of the monitor, not just the speed but the colours first and foremost. Then speed and build quality.

You need a 28" 4K monitor with 100% Adobe RGB. Then you need 120Hz+.

A couple of years ago they did not even exist.

Mine is this ACER - IPS screen so does not change colours when you blink, but NOT true blacks. Compromises…

Forgot to add: outstanding base and tilt/turn/height adjustments. Outstanding!

1 Like

Someone at work once told me that what I needed was a V4 engined bike.
So I bought a single cylinder LS650 instead. ( :clown_face:)

But yes. That Acer monitor seems dreamy.

Can’t even find it in Sweden on my regular sites.
But compared to other similar (27") it seems cheaper than I thought

I really hope OP returns at some point and updates us with more info.
Budget being one would help.

You got to do some research. All monitors use panels which are made by some other company, and there are not that many panels out there. You got to find out the panel name, type, and look it up. Adobe RGB at over 90% is very hard to get. The site that gives you most of what you need is "panel look".

There are some exotic panels out there, but you got to find a manufacturer that makes a monitor out of it, and at what price!

IPS + adobe + 144Hz is super expensive.

1 Like

If I was to build a cheap new system today for 144Hz max settings and RT, I would go 5600X or a discounted 5800X3D, and pair it with a heavily discounted or used last gen GPU.(RX 6800 or higher, RTX 3080 or higher).

If somehow my end goal is to replace the GPU with a coming RDNA 3 or brand new 4000-series, I would get a cheap RX 6600 as a temporary GPU.

1 Like

Never said u have to play everything out there . I also play just wow and very little bit of lol . But that doesnt mean i would buy pc just for wow . Especialy with specs OP mentioned and wanted , thats not even possible.

You using your PC “only for wow” isnt same as “buying pc only for wow” tho .

Like i said, u can have pc only for wow with specs Op mentioned , it doesnt work like that .

5600x rtx 3070 16gb ram

Its not the most expensive pc, but is not cheap either.

All maxed- beside shadows to high

And ray traced shadow to fair

I can keep 144-163fps

If i maxed all out as op said- ilmy values are between 90-70 FPS

Wow actualy requires some strong specs yo
Be maxed out fully.

I for one, dont max out all cuz theres barely a visible grafic improvement. For a loss of 70 fps.

As others said, if u only play wow, he can make a budget build witch wow looks amazing at high details and keep 100-144fps.

Like a 6700xt or an older 1660nvidia

And max 200 euro gpu inte 12400.

Just replied not
To brag, but for people who are curios kinda what u need for wow fully maxed at 2k

For 4k i guess u need to sell a
Kidney for a 3090 rtx

1 Like

So; someone wants to get a brand new PC and all the do with it that isn’t e-mail or web browsing is play WoW - but at 1440p/144Hz or higher - does that mean that isn’t a reason to ask for advice for what components to use to get an optimal experience in game…? I would say “perfectly sensible” as a common-or-garden office PC wouldn’t be guaranteed to even play nicely at higher refresh rates, never mind higher visual levels.

It depends on your budget, and what other games you play!

My system:

Ryzen 5 3600x AMD
Ram 16gb 3200Mhz Corsair
1Tb m2 ssd Kingston
PSU: RM750x Corsair
GPU: RTX3070ti Asus tuf
Screen: 27"1440p,2k 170hz ASUS rog strix

I do have my settings on ultra in WoW and have no problem to run the game smoothly and stay above 120+fps (ofc it variates in different zones/raid/bg). I did cap my screen at 120hz since I don’t see any pros with higher refresh rate in WoW!

Ray trace is absolutely unnecessary in WoW, you won’t even notice any changes beside lower fps! But in games like cyberpunk 2077 will it be fantastic (if you have a good monitor)!

So I recommend to go with midrange CPU and motherboard and look after cheap RTX3060ti/3070/3070ti!

1 Like

Equivalent RX options (RX 6650XT/6700XT/6750XT/6800/6800XT ) are cheaper for the same overall performance. RT is worse, but if you really want a decent RT-performance you have to go RTX 3080 or above anyway. Or better: wait for 7000-series Radeon cards for the RT uplift without paying a liver for it.