New PC for Dragonflight

Hello everyone! I’m looking to buy a desktop PC for Dragonflight. What system would you recommend to buy if you want to run it on 144 Hz at max settings + Ray Tracing?

2 Likes

Ray tracing aleast for my end barely does anything. I cant see a major difference. If you want a PC that is just for wow you can get a decent one for like 300-500 USD and be able to play on max settings with ease just make sure you have a strong CPU and good ram since wow isnt a game that really requires a gpu as much as CPU from my testing(which could be wrong)

3 Likes

I would go with a pc with speccs that were on the Mist of Pandaria box.

Since they recycle old content an oldschool PC would do just fine :smiley:

1 Like

wow your salty

4 Likes

Why did Lefronso’s post get flagged?? Hes right, ray tracing is pointless in WoW unless you either have a massively expensive pc or you like doing dungeons and raids with FPS on par with a slideshow

6 Likes

Probably people flagging the wrong person, feels more suited for my response.

On topic tho:
A 3070 or higher and a killer cpu would be needed to run all on max + 144 hz.

The game isnt optimized enough for high end monitors and when combat gets heavy (raids / m+ mass pulls) you wont see 144 frames per second at all.

I run a 165 hz monitor and a 3070ti + 5600x cpu, cant keep all these frames loaded at 165 at all times when raiding / m+.

I still think wow wont be able to run all that high because the cpu has to do loads of work to keep up and its just not possible.

I assume you won’t be building it yourself so I would just buy this one:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/scan-gamer-rtx-intel-core-i5-12400f-16gb-ddr4-8gb-evga-rtx-3070-1tb-m2-ssd-win-11

Nice.
Now let’s see Lefronso’s card 300-500 USD suggestion

Given the current conversion rate between USD and GBP then best would maybe be a 20xx GPU, but most likely looking at a 1660 card and have some cash left over. Personally im using a 1660 super, but have my trusted 1050ti as a reasonable backup just in case

And that would play Retail on max settings like Lefronso suggested?
At 144hz like OP wanted?

OP Wants advice on what PC desktop he needs.

Lefronso suggested that 500 usd (510€ atm) would suffice.
Sounds good to me and surely to the OP as well.

Show us, somebody

I’m on 165 Hz, settings on Ultra + Ray Tracing and it would take me less than 3 minutes to become custom to not noticing that I was playing on lower settings.

If it’s mainly WoW that you’re playing I would suggest investing heavily into your CPU, getting a 144 Hz monitor and a mid-range GPU.

Also, these don’t get talked about much or at all when people are talking about buying a PC but if you have the means, invest in a high-quality gaming chair, £200 or more and a high-end mechanical gaming keyboard.

The value you get from the chair and keyboard I would argue is more than what you would get from having a high-end GPU and CPU.

Do this and you should be set for Dragonflight.

2 Likes

I can only give feed of mine and i assure u if its in ur budget u dont need more.

Amd5600x cpu
Rtx 3070
16gb ram 3600mhz

For wow u can even get a 3060ti or 6700xt.

But ur best buy is 3070 or 6800 radeon given the fact u go high refresh.

I get 100-120 fps in world all maxed out with rtx on high.

But i usualy keep it on fair, rtx shadows in wow are not rly worth it.

U can also make an intel build:

12600k cpu
Rtx gpu

Gluck man!

No idea basic information/feedback given and people mass report for no reason besides why not

1 Like

As someone with a “massively expensive PC”, raytracing eye-candy in WOW isn’t worth the drop in FPS. Doom with raytracing is great though.

3 Likes

I dont understand why your toxic enough to randomly get irritated and most likey reported me for mentioning a realistic PC cost for a Wow gaming computer. You dont need a 2k USD dollar PC setup for DF or in fact 90% of games in the market outside of the big heavy hitter games like Cyberpunk etc. To many sheeps who cant fathom the idea of buying used parts that are still functional and working perfectly fine for basic gaming needs.

I could very easily link all of the pieces I bought from craglist’s alongside newegg for my PC setup but its a waste of time for people who are this toxic for no valid reason. One of the reasons I avoid forms nowadays

1 Like

Oh ok, so your 300-500 USD suggestion was for second hand PC.
Fair enough.

You should still link the parts for OP’s sake.

See, there’s a huge gap between your 510€ suggestion and Athena’s 1485€ suggestion.

I doubt the OP would be the only one wanting to save a few bucks for a “Wow dedicated” PC buy :slight_smile:

Even without some 2nd hand parts for a basic setup for wow you could get a pc still in that range as Wow is not a game that is heavy on GPU rather CPU AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600 for like 180 dollars and get a cheap gpu alongside other stuff. Too much misinfomation about what it takes to have a gaming PC that is for Wow’s high settings that 2008 setups can run the game.

Most likely is referring to a PC for general higher end gaming as most games you need aleast a 1080ti to run pretty smoothly which are upwards of 500-900 dollars last i checked.

I dont understand why you have to belittle/insult people who 1 can’t afford to dump 1-2k USD on a gaming PC for a minor hobby, 2 dont have the desire to use that much money on games instead of other things which i fall under. But enough said Im done wasting my time speaking to a edited by moderation who is most likely a lvl 10 troll has no understanding how of low the ball for a PC is to be able to run wow on max settings smoothly

1 Like

There’s been a huge misunderstanding here.
I don’t belittle anyone.

Sorry you felt attacked. And shame you also felt the need to reply in a very toxic manner.

I was trying to help out the OP.

I still use a Asus Gtx 980 myself. The CPU is a 2500 ryzen something.

Hope you will come back more civil next time you visit.
/Not a troll, just a friendly clown

1 Like

Perhaps, but he meant second hand. Used PC.
That changes things.

And also is it really that hard to play Wow on max settings @ 144hz?

I’m still on 24 inch monitors myself, always at 144hz but wow itself, I never go above 5 in graphics settings.
But this I do on purpose

There is no PC that can run it like that at present - at least not if you’re looking for 4K.

At 1440p — probably.