New pc. Need Hardware help :)

I am looking for a brand new PC.

I have no idea where to start. I want to play Wow on 7-8-9 or even 10 without experiencing a bad lag, fps drop or crash. Right now i am playing on my laptop on (2) settings. The reason is my laptop is getting overheated.

I am also however looking for a brand new pc that is NOT a OVERKILL compared to WoW. I like to see the surroundings, like better graphics, better detailed trees, grass and etc… so Graphics is a priority for my gameplay. However, i dont want to lag. Anyone have a good suggestion on which spec to buy?

At the moment i am looking at these specs (see below), but dont know if it is any good or if it is overkill compared to Wow?

What FPS would i have on ultra settings 10 with these two specs for example?

Intel Core i7-9700
ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0
ASUS TURBO RTX 2070 SUPER 8G EVO
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 2666MHz
Gigabyte 240GB 2.5" SSD
Windows 10 Pro

or
Intel Core i5-9400F Processor
ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0
ASUS TUF RTX 2060 O6G Gaming
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 2666MHz
KINGSTON A2000 M.2 NVMe 250GB
Windows 10

First thing to be aware of is that the graphics card you’ll need is mostly dependant on the monitor you’re outputting to, therefore the resolution you’re going to play at.
Next thing I’d ask is - why H310 chipset? H310 is primarily for space-limited systems/cases, that are looking to avoid an ‘external’ graphics card (like the RTX units you’ve listed)… an X270 or X370 - even mATX - variant would be a better option.

On top of that, both the CPU’s you list will handle WoW admirably, as will 16GB of DDR4.
The m.2 drive will give faster load times than a 2.5" SSD; if you could justify it, I would suggest using an m.2 drive for Windows & a 2.5" SSD for game install/storage: however, a single m.2 drive would do the job for both, but I’d suggest being ready to get a 500GB unit, at most.

By comparison, but not necessarily a recommendation, my own set-up consists of these parts to relate to what you’ve listed:

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X470 Gaming Pro
Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 8GB
Kingston HyperX Predator 2x 8GB 3200MHz
Samsung 840 250GB & Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" drives
Windows 10 Home 64bit

I’m playing WoW comfortable of graphics setting 7, as I rarely Raid; mostly - if I do - it’s LFR or soloing retro-Raids.

Just been throwing some parts around in PC Part Picker & noticed that you have quite a wide price range on graphics cards:

Asus Turbo Evo RTX2070 SUPER weighs in at £550
Asus TUF RTX2060 OC comes in at £350

Was this correct & where would you prefer to be on price point?

I have no experience at all regarding hardware so theese two builds i have found are pre builds i am going to buy from a store.

However…

The price range is far between. How would my gaming experince be with theese two specs. The i5 is cheaper though and i am on a budget. Compared to the i7 how would the i5 work? For example on ultra settings 10 or 7?

Like I said, both machines are very capable, but I don’t understand why people ‘insist’ on playing WoW with the settings on 10… you do realise that 7 is the best the game will ever recommend?

Realistically; if you want all the game settings set to their maximum, you cannot have a budget… you will have to consider spending your local currency equivalent of £2500-3000 for long play sessions w/ totally maxed out settings.

WoW may be an old game, but when you get to pushing the game from 7 up to 10, you need to spend uneconomically more money per performance gain.

Thanks for your help.

Actually i am more likely to play the game at 7 as you mention but i just like a computer that would be a bid future proof regarding to World of Warcraft.

I problably am going to buy the setup with a i5 processer as mentioned in my previous post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.