New Phone - Move Authenticator to New Phone

OK so I got a new mobile phone. S10e, yay me.

I used a tool called Samsung SmartSync to copy all my stuff from my old phone. Then I went to my old phone, and got the serial and restore code from the Battlenet Authenticator…

Then I went to the new phone, opened the Authenticator which got copied from the old phone visa smartsync. Could not work out how to enter the serial and restore codes, but when I go to menu->restore code, it gives me the same identical codes as on the old device.

Does this mean that somehow Samsung Smartsync has managed to sync the authenticator completely, and that there is nothing I need to do?

I’m an Apple user so I can’t really answer your question, but the easiest way to find out if things are working as they should is to use your authenticator by using it when logging in manually, without using the battle.net launcher. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I’ve tried everything I know, including logging in manually, but nothing is triggering an authentication request.

Google leads me to Blizzards own webpage which says when moving to a new phone, you need to remove the authenticator, and download a new one on the new phone.

I know thats not entirely correct, because I have changed phones in the past, using the serial and restore codes, and the reason I don’t want to go through the palava of removing and reattaching is because I don’t want to lose the pet or the extra bag slots, and I’ve seen people hit problems in the past when trying to reattach an authenticator to their account.

Hey Trovlak,

It sounds like the Authenticator did move over correctly for you. If you want to test this, enable the “Always require authenticator for login” option and re-log into the Blizzard Desktop App afterwards.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

Thank you.

Tested, and it works flawlessly.

Happy to hear that Trovlak, thanks for letting us know! :slight_smile:

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!