New player are treated very bad!

I started playing wow in may this year only to get racist remarks such as Russian b**** or Romanian s*** when ever I go to mythic plus. People expect me to be incredible player even despite the fact I have only been playing for a few months now. Every time I make a little mistake people call me retard and tell me to delete wow. Really? Is this the way every new player gets treated? Are we not entitled to play and enjoy this game just because we didn’t start way back in classic?

Sadly thats the harsh reality of most online games.
Your best bet is to find a social guild that does stuff together such as dungeons, raids etc with a casual mindset.

2 Likes

Sadly thats the case indeed like the druid said :frowning: just a sad stereotype…
Hopefully you have a friendly guild? Otherwise i highly recommend finding ond. So you dont have to pug anymore and can start making friends. You are welcome with us :slight_smile: just ask any of our members

1 Like

What the night elf and the little human said :point_up_2:

Unfortunately this is how it is and always have been, and the answer to that is what those above mentioned :slight_smile:

And that again is hard work, but not impossible - there is a lot of friendly and nice people who doesn’t wish hell on you, just don’t give up :+1:

3 Likes

I play on Ravencrest, if your guild is there I would love to join and make friends. Feel free to invite me anytime.

I will invite you once im back online. At the moment i have the flu and sick in bed. Will do once im better

Welcome to WoW.

1 Like
  1. Since its on the ravencrest thread, that might be one of the reasons you run into toxicity more often

2. sadly yes, majority of m+ runners are elitists in wow

Being a new player is not relevant here cause the ppl insulting you can’t know you’re new.

But yeah, the community, not Ravencrest specific, can be very salty. Making mistakes is not something that is to be expected in today’s gaming standards. The game is so chewed up it’s hard to screw up, so when ppl do, they get a frontal attack. And when you’re playing high lvl content and you srew up, yeah ofcourse you’re gonna be flamed. You might ruin a key and ppl will have to redo the run.

But please don’t call insults aimed at your nationality racism. Russian or Romanians are a nationality, it’s not a race. I deeply, thouroughly despise it when ppl immediatly pull the racism card when they are hurt by random strangers on the internet.
Also, I personally and a lot of ppl I know have very bad experiences with Russian players. When there’re more then 2 Russians are in a party they all of a sudden forget how to speak english. They often don’t coöperate, they’re rude and they are prone to leave when things go sour. So when ppl see your name they are likely to be prejudiced.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.