New player, buy now or wait for shadowlands

So i have played the free version of wow and i really enjoy it i wanna buy wow but a lot of people are saying to wait for shadowlands and i dont know what to do buy the complete collection and just play or wait for shadowlands and then start playing the game

I see BfA is still listed for full price in the Store.

BfA’s cost is expected to disappear when pre-patch goes live. When is that? We don’t know. At this point, 6 weeks seems optimistic - maybe 8 weeks? 10? If you wait until then, you save the cost of BfA. That’s why some people will tell you to wait.

Another option is just to buy game time.

With game time you can play the full game, unrestricted, up to level 110. Without BfA, you can’t go above 110, but since you still have levelling to do, there is not a lot of point in buying BfA until you are 110 anyhow.

It seems a no-brainer to me that if you want to play, you just add game time - and worry about whether to buy BfA when you actually need it.

Separate point, but IMPORTANT : if you want to play Horde-side, I STRONGLY suggest you make your character on a different server. Draenor would be my pick, for Horde. See

and sort by Horde population. In general, the more of your own faction are on the server, the better. This doen’t matter much until you get to max level, but then it starts mattering - and you spend a lot more time at max level than you did while levelling! The downside of Draenor is that it may sometimes be overcrowded in the first few weeks of a new expansion, with perhaps queues to get in, or a bit of lag in busy areas, but IMO that is definitely worth it for the overall better quality of life.

1 Like

Thx for the reply
because of your info i can finnaly make a choice
im just gonna buy game time and wait for pre patch

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.