New player

Hi I am pretty new to Wow I have my demon hunter lvl 110. I bought bfa so I had free boost which I used on mage( maybe it was a mistake becouse I dont enjoy him a lot so I will continue with DH. And I would like to get some advices about the game. For example should I finish all the quests and reputation on Zandalar? And is it easy do get to the endgame like visions, assaults, azerite lvling etc.? How long it will take me to complete all this stuff in bfa to get ready my character for raiding and endgame? I just like the game but when I see some things it seems lit bit complicated for me. Would you give me some advice? Thank you!

Welcome to Wow!

Had you asked before you used your boost most people here would recommended you to wait. Mainly because the boosted character gets all the spells and talents at once, and that can feel a bit overwhelming and confusing.
The mage often feels squishy at the start, but when you get better gear you will see it is a great damage dealer.

When you reach lvl 120 you should make sure you have:

• Atleast friendly reputation with the 3 zone factions - this way you will get something called World Quests (or WQ for short). WQs help you get better gear, more reputation, gold and war resources.

• Try to get all the outposts on the other continent. If you are missing one, you can get it when you hit 120. You get the missions for these at 111 (not sure on the first one), 114 and 118. Outposts giver you more WQs in enemy zones (no pvp unless you want to) and more flight paths (FP). Doing WQs in enemy territory gives you rep with your main faction in BFA.

*Not a must, but it can help - Get a guild or play with friends. On lvl 120 you will want to do mythic+ dungeons if your aim is to raid. These are extra though dungeons that you aim to complete on time. It can be nice to run them with someone who can give you a pointer or two in a nice way.

A lot of people raid with a guild. It’s not a must, because you can use the LFR to raid. But the experience is often a lot more pleasant and fun with a guild. Also it’s more satisfying to get that last boss with a bunch of friends who worked for it together than a bunch of strangers.

Wish you all the best in your adventures, and i will list a few websites below that are usefull:

https://www.wowhead.com/ - if you are stuck on a quest, not sure what and item is for or need to find a NPC this is the place to look.
https://www.icy-veins.com/ - For all things setup. Talents, rotations, what stat to prioritize or what gem or enchant to use.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons -When you start with addons you can find them here.

1 Like

Short answer - Reach end game. Once you get gear it’s easy to do with less effort.

You need to do most quests which gives rep. All rep gain will lead towards small step closer to flying. Get legendary cloak and all, skip what you can. You will learn your prio as you progress game.

Welcome to WoW!

Mage is a great class, but not always easy for beginners, especially if you skipped the learning experience you get in levelling.

DH is a lot easier, so it makes sense for you to continue with that for now … but once you get a bit of skill and experience, do look back on your mage! You may find it has a lot of benefits you can’t see right now.

When levelling 110-120, you should do at least enough quests in each of the three zones to get Friendly reputation with the locals. This is because you need Friendly rep with all three to start World Quests at 120. If you concentrate on two zones, and ignore the third, you will just have to go back and do some of it when you hit 120.

You can see your reutations in your reputation screen, which you can get up by pressing U when in the game. You want Talanji’s Expedition, Voldunai and Zandalari Empire all at Friendly. Each quest you complete in their zone gives you 75 rep.

You should also do all three Footholds on the Alliance side, Kul Tiras. You will get those quests on the boat, at various levels.

You should also do the Island Expeditions tutorial quest you get at … 116? I think … that demonstrates what Island Expeditions are.

These are all things you need to open World Quests at 120.

How long will it take you? Depends how much you play. Some people could probably get their first character in BfA to the latest raid, patch, Visions in three weeks total. More casual people might take a month or two.

You will spend probably about 10-20 playhours levelling 110 to 120.

THEN it gets complicated. :stuck_out_tongue: You think it’s complicated now? You ain’t seen nuttin’ yet.

Here is a guide on getting your initial gear at level 120

1 Like

Thank you so much for the comment. I will focus on the leveling, reputation for opening world quests. I hope I learnt the mechanics during the game. And thanks for the links I believe they will help me.

1 Like

Thank you for the comment I like mages so I hope I will get to him later. I thought it will be more complex :smiley:

Welcome to Azeroth! Some great comments so far and it looks like you’re getting settled - using the Class Trial system is a great way if you want to try classes out in the future, as it’s a good way to get an idea of how they will feel :slight_smile:

Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.