New players have severely hindered experience, boosting is ruining future of classic

Your experience sounds exactly like low-pop realms nowadays. Check high-pop ones, it’s much better there, the only time you may struggle to find dungeon pugs is late night. And don’t trust realm list until you do your own research. To check realm population, create a scout character, /join LookingForGroup, /join world, run to capitals, use /who dungeonname.

It really depends on the realm. If you level now on Gehennas, its dead and only boosting.

But on Pyrewood leveling is so alive you still sometimes fight for quest mobs.

That may be, but MOST pservers have had some sort of adjustment to leveling speed.

Sorry but have to disagree about Gehannas. I have been levelling a druid and have had no problems getting groups. I get whispers all the time asking if I want to run stuff. Even have had to turn stuff down cos either already in group or no time. Also seen plenty of people lfm for elite quests as well.

Sure there are a ton of boosters but to say it’s only boosters is simply not true.

1 Like

It’s a fallacy to think that people who are paying for boosts would run normal dungeon runs if boosts weren’t a thing. In fact, most of them simply wouldn’t level at all.
Classic players are like elves in Middle-Earth, they only ever disappear, you hardly ever get a new one.
The game only has another 7 to 9 months to live anyway. Everyone will be on break once Naxx is cleared and TBC date announced.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with you OP.

I’ve been to Mograine/Ashbringer/Nethergarde and all of them had the same kind of leveling experience just like you described. And these are all different servers too, High pop, Medium pop, Low pop. And both PvP and PvE servers too.

It’s a real shame and definitely a problem the majority will experience, given perhaps a few exceptions.

Don’t mean to highjack but I made a thread on here recently petitioning as it were for new non-transferable realms to be released, starting from phase 1. Would love it if you could leave a quick supportive reply there as it ties in with what you’re saying so well: Fresh Realms needed - #46 by Buu-nethergarde-keep

I personally love leveling from 1-60, making friends along the way, doing dungeons and group quests, getting early raid attunements, ranking in PvP and so on and that experience is dwindling every day and is not even experienced by newcomers! A shame! Most of us have unsubbed by now.

2 Likes

This is so annoying, all i play on is high pop servers, thats what my post was about, i tried out a 5k pop realm and it was the same experience.

I’m only saying that 100 servers with 10 people online are less relevant than 1 server with 10000 people online.

I’ve got 4 level 60s and guess how much I paid for boosts?that’s right 0 gold and I don’t quest much as well pretty much lvled up in dungeons.

The problem is players leveling only want to DPS and don’t bother to make their own groups. You should roll a tank and have someone like minded to roll a healer or befriend one and take the initiative and make your own party instead of just looking at the lfg channel. If you play druid or paladin or shaman you should be willing to fill any roll.if you play warrior you should be willing to tank if you play priest you should be willing to heal and this is regardless of spec. Rogues/hunters/warlock should befriend a tank or a heal class if planning to dungeon and mages have it easy aoe runs most groups want a mage for waters

Do / who in your level range for dungeon and throw them some whispers asking if they are interested you would be surprised how fast you can get a group timing as well doing it at peak raid time or early morning or late at night there is less people leveling alts

At the end of the day most players who pay for boost wouldn’t be doing dungeons anyways since they are the Min/maxers and would quest instead since it’s faster exp/hr than doing a dungeon

the problem is that warrior is the only tank for leveling and warrior dps is broken so they roll dps instead for leveling.

Where do you even get that notion that there is tons of “new players” for Classic?

Face it, Classic is not a modern game. It will not attract many true newbies anymore. Id say about 80-90% of its potential playerbase all started playing within 2019.

Blizzard absolutely will not keep classic if revenue falls, which will happen if what you are saying is true. I know so many retail players and non wow players who decided to start classic last year at launch, now its extremely hard for anyone to start a new level 1 on a new server. Classic cant survive on dipping into the same pool of people whos lives end when they hear of microtransations, which will come eventually and even faster if theres no stream of new players throwing their monthly sub at blizz.

your solution is for people to play something they dont like?

Not true Paladins can tank quite easy as long as they spec into consecrate druid can go bear form and tank no problem lower level content is easy enough regardless of spec

Stop pretending your servers is not dead when it comes to open world low level content!

Blizzard please grant us fresh realms, I would throw my money at the screen for it. And I know friends who would aswell

2 Likes

What makes you think a fresh server will turn out any different, in 2 months time?

Probably, but if there are fresh realms it is unlike it will be a one-time only. With fresh servers Classic will become like Diablo 3 with new seasons with new fresh realms over time, so even if all new fresh realm will be like the first ones in 2 month time there is still the option to wait for the next fresh realm.

1 Like

Because this has been done a thousand times on pservers, why is it people can’t understand that? No server lives forever with fixed amount of content.

People like fresh vanilla, due to the leveling experience and everyone starting over.

3 Likes

Classics future is TBC.

Thats where blizz will get an easy pay-day.

If some people wants to pay for boost, imo that’s fine, if someone wants to quest and do dungeons that’s also fine. But why should people who wants to pay for a boost be blamed? You can’t force people to quest.

If blizzard banned boosting, I assume those who level with that service would not level at all. Ergo such a change would not make the dungeons/questing life better.

Fresh servers will just be more of the same, people will just keep on optimizing until if you cant get a char to 60 in like 2 days you will already be behind.

Blizz should not cater to a crowd of people that have literally played the same static game for the last 15 years of their lives. Something must be seriously wrong with you if you dont see how there is other ways to entertain yourself.