New Players in WoW | TOXIC

You have a good heart. Make a guild, or invite him to join yours :slight_smile:

If not same server make a community to stay in touch.

10 Likes

Toxicity has always been a bit of an issue in some aspects of WoW. The best way to combat it is first to report it when you see it and then secondly, act differently.

The whisper for example you sent to the new player is a nice thing, so do more things like that and keep a more welcoming and positive attitude out in the game world to encourage others to do the same.

Basically, by promoting a more social and nicer atmosphere in the world while showcasing to the more toxic individuals that it isn’t accepted behavior, the more we can make an impact in a good way.

If I do dungeons with randoms or LFR I like to try and chat small talk a bit in downtimes before bosses and such and its usually met positively with people chiming in more and more.

9 Likes

“Welcome to WoW”

You have been removed from this instance

Sounds like a normal welcome.

13 Likes

when everything is about being the best there is little room for error

this is what blizzard has created and continues to support

6 Likes

I guess players HATE be explain for new players.

Like “do yourself learn in google and youtube before play”

So sadly

New Raiding culture, Racing against gear, heroic and mythic raid content environment; m+ also boosted ilvl gear rat race.

The result? People becomes bullies because no one can carry another newbie in raids or other pve stuff.(unless it is a guild raid)

2 Likes

Nah, high keys, mythic raiding, arenas also have those people. If someone is jerk he/she will be jerk no matter what he/she is doing.

2 Likes

Don’t know what to say, wow community is indeed very toxic and there is nothing you can do. Classic players are kind and talkative as far as i see it in guild when trying to level my rogue.

or it would be a motivator to improve. but i agree, if new players exist i usually defend them in instance random lfg chat and since im tank/healer my word have gravitas

2 Likes

Is it wrong to troll these rage-nerds? I do it often then get told I bought my account as I have Heirlooms. My favourite is asking how do I bind keys or put spells to my bars.

3 Likes

Alot of players value “casual content” as something which they don’t want to spend much time doing, i.e low level dungeons.

Its become an on-going theme to call out players who are actively slacking whether its cause their a newb or noob

1 Like

I hope this mentor program comes with the pre-patch so I can guide new players and tank their dungeons and explain how the majority of players really are nice and friendly.

5 Likes

If you have no patience for a newbie in any online game then consider sticking to single player games only, there’s no need to have a complex because you’ve “been there, done that”. How else do people expect a newbie to learn how to play their characters or the game?

I’ve seen this type of attitude on my alt that I’ve slowly been levelling, on one occasion in a low level dungeon someone tried to kick a newbie for low damage but luckily the newbies friend was also with us and both of our no votes kept them in.

6 Likes

The game is easy and people play it for the rewards. This breeds toxicity.

1 Like

This community is a lamb compared to other games tho. Also as stated earlier the toxicity is more common in lower content while decreasing severely the higher you go. Ego compensation I’d say.

2 Likes

Exactly. A tough game is a huge ego-check and requires you to overcome it in order to succeed in the game. The fact that leveling is an absolute breeze is a problem, not just because it’s boring, but because it spoils players.

Also, easy games where you’re driven by the reward breed toxicity. This is because players end up playing ONLY for the reward, not for the fun of playing, and every single player who even slightly disrupts your unfun pursuit of rewards is actually awful and should die. Players just end up in this disgusting mindset.

Nobody can ask for help in an easy game, because the game is easy, what are you? Stupid? Why do you need help? I don’t have the time to teach you how to play, I just want my reward from this easy content. This is why I believe the game will be better if it’s harder. The golden age of WoW was also the hardest age of WoW.

7 Likes

I think it kinda got worse at some point when streamers became a more popular thing.

3 Likes

i honestly never really mind new players, having low dps or being clueless as long as they admit they are new to the game i’d only want to help them as best as i can. I only mind when they refuse to learn and want it the easy way and just expect to receive things or complain when it’s too hard for them. Many new players can be very toxic too but that really goes to personal character i guess .

3 Likes

Hm, how might streamers cause more toxicity? Sure, they might be creating more exposure to people that can be both “good” or “bad”… unless there is another reasoning?

thank you! it really isn’t the community as a whole and a lot of people love to help new players…but you know how aholes will always just stick out like a sore thumb. It’s like with online reviews, having a positive experience and you might not give it much of a second thought, but if you have a bad one, boy oh boy will people know about it for sure.

1 Like