New Priest main, need advice

Hey there. I used to be a hpala in retail since 2007 but after playing classic - wrath with a priest heal I decided to roll one on retail. I could use some advice.

I got to 70 and I was wondering how good the class and specs are in 10.1. I know it’s a bit early but I hope some more experienced players can gauge the situation a bit better than someone new to the class.

What healing role is best atm? So far I’ve leveled as holy and while I like the spec it feels a bit bloated. Maybe that’s me coming from TBC Holy but there so much stuff to press that can heal… I’m sure I’ll learn since I used to play on a relatively high level on my hpala (m15+) but atm I feel a bit lost on Hpriest.

About the other healing spec, how is disc? I am familiar with how disc plays in wrath classic but that’s just spamming PW:S and Penance on CD. I tried to read a guide for retail and it seems overcomplicated. Terms like ‘ramp up’ confused me and it seems doing loads of damage is good due to attonement buff. If I read it all correctly it feels more like a minigame to keep as much attonements up for when there’s damage.

Holy seems reactive and disc seems proreactive to me, but which spec gives me the most chance of a raid invite atm?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Yeah nvm, I got my answer in a priest discord after like 2 min. Feel free to delete the thread.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Raiding is holy and m+ is both holy and disc. I’d say both priest healing specs are insanely good in all PvE content currently.

1 Like

Ty for the answer. I’m doing both types of PvE as holy atm, though all guides say disc is top tier in m+. I tried preparing for it but just looking at the convoluted rotation and button bloat I just cba. Gonna stay holy even if it’s not the ‘recommended’ spec to heal as.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.