New PVP gear (Blood Guard) doesn't come close to the PVE gear?

First of all I want to make it clear that I’m delighted to acknowledge Blizzard’s commendable effort in enhancing the PvP aspect of SoD. Their dedication is evident in various aspects such as STV, the gear sets, and the diverse range of items from Sunken Temple tailored for both PvE and PvP scenarios. However, upon a “Quick” analysis, it seems that the new Blood Guard/Knight’s Plate gear (the 6-set PvP gear for Warriors), falls significantly short compared to the PvE gear obtainable from Sunken Temple.
I don’t want any confusion, I’m talking about the gears application in PvP not PvE. I completely agree the PvP gear shouldn’t be better for PvE than the loot obtained from the raid.

The PvP [6 set] gear will grant Warriors an additional [360 HP] compared to the PvE gear. However, this comes at the cost of losing [33 strength] and [19 agility]. Furthermore, the PvP gear offers less armor, which raises concerns about its effectiveness. Unless the PvP gear undergoes significant improvement, it may not justify the effort of farming it, considering the superior attributes of the PvE gear?

Many of you will delve deeper into the finer details than I have, so I encourage you to examine the PvP set in comparison to the PvE set and share your findings please.

Do you believe it will be worthwhile to invest the considerable time required to reach Exalted status with the ‘Nightmare Incursions’ reputation for this gear? Or do you think it’s a promising concept that ultimately falls short of expectations?

1 Like

What have we found?

Yes, I don’t understand the purpose of the PVP set. Either increase stamina and armor or add a new stat that reduces critical hits.

I don’t understand why they introduced this with warsong helmets in p1 and then abandoned the idea.

Think it was sorta nice, mix of PVE, quest, pvp and crafting gear to max your char

None of which are that hard to get

A full PvP set isn’t necessary tbh

Its keeping with the classic theme of pvp gear being slightly worse. Its guaranteed gear that isnt hard to get. Just be glad we got something

We didn’t get something though because as he stated above, it’s sub-par to the PvE gear. We may as well not farm the Rep for the PvP gear & just get the PvE gear as it stands surely?

Then why spend time developing it? If they’ve spent all that time making PvP sets for every class, for it only to be worse in PvP than the PvE gear, what’s the point?

Either make the gear offer substantially more Stamina and Crit Reduction or don’t implement it at all and don’t waste their time.

As is the lvl 60 blue pvp gear, as is HWL gear when compared to other tier sets. You aren’t meant to get this gear and then have it be bis all throughout the raid, that would be very stupid.

Then don’t do it? Shouldn’t that be a plus for a PvEr? I thought you guys hated PvP. Maybe you are not a PvEr but a retail plebling. SoD is classic at its core, meaning yes, you’ll have to do PvE gear for PvP. Nothing new, staying true to the theme.

Come again? Like a spoiled brat that got a Mercedes instead of a Lambo. You didn’t get nothing, sure.

Warriors shafted yet again. Are we even surprised at this point?

2 Likes

Based. It reminds me the state of rets in og vanilla

If pvp gear is better than raid gear, why I should bother with 20 man raid,logs, consumes, wb, giving interview to pug raid leader once a week and roll for loot? Who cares about shunken temple if we casually can get the same or better gear?
Good job on blizz for adding pvp set.

yeah if someone remember, in Season of Mastery we had free access to pvp set which led to no one bothered with farming their preraid bis. That was pretty bad

Nice Post, keep up the good work

Something tells me from your replies here, you can’t actually read :smiley:

You aren’t meant to farm the PvP gear and expect it to be the BiS PvP gear for the phase…? What?!.. No wonder you have a reputation in these forums haha…

Its classic. I don’t expect a retail babbie like yourself to understand

If you tried doing PvP in PvE gear in Retail, you’d get annihilated…

You NEED PvP gear in Retail to be competitive? You’re literally clueless in every post I’ve ever seen you write :smiley:

Im implying the exact opposite. You are a retail babbie

1 Like

Okay mate. Whatever’s leaked in your Mum’s basement that you call a bedroom has sent you too far over the edge mate. I’d check for opened paint cans.

Project and seethe more pleblord

Did you actually read the post?