New pvp realm idea

Ive been following the classic wotlk with great interest on how popular new servers are . That being said it would be a perfect idea if you brought back 1 single pvp realm with out warmode of any of that pointless stuff that devides the community . Some of us are sick and tired of blizzards endless mistakes, We dont ask for much but only a small amount of cooperation.

The retail community are all on wotlk classic and personally i feel upset that ive had to ditch my main on retail and play wotlk… AGAIN to find a decent community. I said this years ago when warmode was created you made a devide between friends,guilds and world bosses.

/King Destinite

33 Likes

Funny enough Pvp realms if you have followed classic to now have a very bad track record of becoming monofaction very easily with the dominate faction just slaughtering everyone till no one is left. Warmode is the least of the problems in retail

1 Like

Back in wrath I played druid and my guild spent most of our time in westfall/goldshire as horde.

So much so that we got to know the alliance “defenders” and had much fun skirmishing each other all day every day and talking on vent.

Guess we all grew up, have less time and the modern WoW culture doesn’t allow people to just chill about fighting each other as we all “gotta go quick” with a billion things to do. Also this mentality has bled into classic, no one just chills about anymore.

3 Likes

They introduced War Mode, becuase PvP realms would make fake raid groups and when non pvp players joined they would be ganked at the raid entrance.

The only fix they needed to do was to stop PvP realms from joining other realms. Then again there would have been a huge outcry from players cause they cant group up with their buds. So War Mode was the only solution left.

pvp realms were an abject failure.

Being sick of endless mistakes and asking for a pvp realm back does not make sense.

1 Like

Unfortunately there was a large crowd of people who opted for a PvP realm and then cried to Blizzard when they got killed on it. Even though it was THEIR decision to roll on a PvP realm.

I always felt they should just give a simple warning on these realms, something like “you will get ganked, it will be unfair, if you plan on crying about it then select a PvE realm”. People would play on the realm anyway and cry when they die, but still. And then say “blabla I thought it would be more fair”. If you want “fair” PvP, you can play instanced PvP (BGs, Arena), which is as fair as it can get and people can do this from a PvE realm.

Instead Blizzard decided to eventually listen to this crowd as well as address the faction balance issue by implementing Warmode, in effect turning every realm into a PvE realm.

All OP wants is one PvP realm. If it is bad, then no one is forcing people to play on it. The problem would be that the type of players I described above would roll on the realm anyway, and then complain they cannot do their PvE grind WQs in peace.

2 Likes

Maybe its just me or something but its common sense isnt it ? dont go on a pvp realm if you dont want to pvp in any way.

I agree on that and I would love a balanced PvP realm.

But Blizzard should be very proactive and don’t hesitate too much imposing restrictions to make sure the realm stays as balanced as possible, thing they are too affraid to do it seems, and I kinda can’t blame them, given that the WoW community is maybe too ready to burst into indignity when something slightly inconvenient is done in the game.

Warmode has been just a very convenient tool, but there’s no real incentive to use it, there’s very bad new PvP world content and half of it is free for all (WTF), no zone capturing anymore on new content, the lore is clinging too much into “everyone is friends now” and this partially affects PvP immersion (tho I blame this on the writing team and it’s despicable job)…

And the augmented XP and gold buff should go, it’s been clear that it’s only used to get extra rewards and not actually “as a compensator”, this should have been a decision in day 1 of Warmode, but it really seems they don’t care at all and only made Warmode so there’s less requests from the community to balance factions on realms, and now they are talking about cross faction guilds…

Look, it is what it is, they are simply working now to not have to work in the future, they do not care at all if servers are balanced, or at least that’s the impression that’s given, and their solutions to that have been detrimental to the game, half baked, and very cheap and bad in general.

The last step now is to delete the factions, but they are competent enough to know that factions still sell enough so they wouldn’t do that stupid decision, but as things are being done, they may as well just do it, I mean… What barriers are there now? Questing? Auction House? Guilds? Dungeons? Raids? They just have to also water down languages so everyone speaks Orc and Common and allow to click and group, trade and whisper with the other faction, basically.

If there’s no factions, there’s no faction balance, isn’t it? And I can’t see them being able to revert these kind of changes because of the outrage, so they are on the path of practically either deleting the factions or, by default, make them a cosmetic thing, either one is super detrimental not only to the game but for the brand itself and contributes to retail WoW being a mush of things that have no meaning nor depth and is there just to be colorful.

So yes, I would love this PvP realm experiment being done right, but Blizzard seems to be taking too many bad decisions that seem good in so far that these doesn’t have any friction, but friction is essential to build meaningful things.

What people imagine Wpvp vs griefing is entirely different things. Im fine with getting ganked here and there or camped every now and then. But the the levels of griefing I saw in classic where whole guilds needed to corpse walk 1+ hour to raid that is just unacceptable in which case even more hardcore wpvp who enjoy the constant battles just get tired of it all and just transfer off as seen in classic.

Warmode is a perfectly fine outcome people just overexaggerate it’s effects, major reason why no one uses WM is that the benefits of turning it on and the fact that no no pvp obectjectives which can reward stuff exists is just a shame. BFA showed how insane and wild it can get even in retail with WPVP if their is a actual reason for fighting the opposite faction
I dont have lvl 3 for being able to post links directly but this will help as proof if anyone says that Warmode ruined Wpvp in retail vs not having a actual reason for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp0FQkZzFv0&t=420s Swifty Wpvp video

It will not work because Blizzard being Blizzard. The new pvp realm will eventually have faction balance issues, and seeing how Blizzard has “solved” the overall faction balance issue - 1. ignored it for many years 2. when it was too late, they decided to destroy factions - eg. “no faction, no problem”, they will most probably totally ignore such new pvp realm problems as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.