New Realm Connections are Underway

does this meen u cant play alone on a low pop server nomore ?

Yes, blizzard seems to be against that, but honestly as it is without other connections we are NOT playing alone on low pop servers, they have hundreds of people at almost any given time.

Now if we could go back to 2013 on das konsortium or die todeskrallen, THERE you would have less than 100 people online at peak, around 50 or a bit more on ally das and horde die, and a little less on the opposite faction.

After the first round of connections thereā€™s no such thing as dead realms any more, just ā€œnot that high popā€.

i play on low pop server as eastern-ring there is like 10 peoples max in ogrammar.
if they combain my server with some hig pop server as Agent Drawn is will be mad becourse it trasform away from AD just 3 month ago beocurse it had tomuth peoples for my likeing ā€¦ :frowning:

Ah, yes, darkmoon faire-earthen ring is pretty small, Iā€™m surprised about org however because due to crz you should see people from other english rp realms too, which would make org seem a lot busier.

I think thereā€™s 2 obvious possibilities for darkmoon faire, you could be connected to moonglade and the other 2 servers in their connection, would come out with a medium realm I think, or they could connect you to defias group as well, would end up with an argent dawn sized realm, so might be asking too much, not sure.

I would exclude a merger with argent dawn, itā€™s too big even as a standalone.

Typical Blizzard, announce something great then procrastinate.

2 Likes

Indeed, for me it wasnā€™t even great cause it reduces the realm pool for my BMAH business, but they announce something, I plan accordingly, then they stop, thatā€™s worse than not announcing at all!

@Trelw, this might be of interest to you, since youā€™re one who watches population matters closely, like me:

Finally we got some news! They are connecting a couple of pretty small american realms and theyā€™re trying again in russia, a sort of a surprise size-wise cause one of the russians, galakrond, is fairly big, it has 6,6k on wow progress, and with such an amount it could easily be one of the smallest high pop realms, I thought connections would stop at medium, but deepholm, the realm itā€™s connected to, is only around 1k.

So this is likely something like they did in the first round of connections, where tarren mill, a full realm, got connected with the small dentarg to help dentarg, cause tarren certainly didnā€™t need a minuscule realm added to it.

you dont. RP servers donā€™t shard in anything thats not a BFA zone. the only off-server people you would see in Orgrimmar are those that have joined a group and hopped over.

@Esploratore: Those are interesting pieces of news. :slight_smile: However, for the time being I and I would imagine at least some other people would be more interested in the status of the connections that did not work out on the first try. I hope Kaivax posts something more on Monday at the latest.

Yes, true ofc, Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re still working on fixing the amanā€™thul issues and didnā€™t want to cause further damage to those realms, so theyā€™re trying others for the time being.

@warlock: ah, ok, I had seen people on rp crz in bfa indeed and assumed they were also active in older areas, generally I saw people from argent dawn while being on ravenholdt (defias group).

American servers apparently gonna have a 6 hours maintenance to do the merge.

Indeed, curiously, given we have a 3-11 shutdown as regular on wednesday, weā€™re gonna have the russian connection before US exceptionally, that is assuming it works!

Can we get some update? Itā€™s been over 2 weeksā€¦

1 Like

Seems like they update only about 1 week before merging realms. Seems like nothing planned for English EU realms this week. Understandable as the Russian and German merges didnā€™t go too smooth.

1 Like

Would be nice to get a blue reply here with more info though

1 Like

I have a felling that if they sort the problems out, they will try to push more then 1 connection per week.

As it is now, its better to play safe.

Better late then never, next step should be having one auction house server independed of player servers, to offload stress from main server cos i know now since these ah changes where implemented if had much less random disconnects that already been proven to be on Blizzard end, i should not dc when some one try to search things or post things on AH excessively, maybe it should dc me of an ah server instead, maybe i should only be connected to ah server when i am in auction house hub to begin with, so many things could be improved, cant wait to see what realm my realms get connected to i have alliance characters on a new player server that essentially dead now, and horde characters on a kind of dead realm so hopefully my experience with change next expansion.

New players servers are everything but dead!

Unless they changed the last couple of days, the new players servers currently are 1 per country: doomhammer for english, dun morogh for german, khaz modan for french, exodar for spanish, pozzo for italian and a server I canā€™t spell for russians, and I canā€™t get into the russian server and check on who, but the dominant faction for all those other servers, which is always ally, if you check on who gets similar numbers as high pop realms, if they removed the new players tag and gave it to some other realm, theyā€™d be marked as high pops (not full, so something like outland, not silvermoon).

Why stop at realm merger/connections ?

Iā€™d really like to see region connection.

@Bagdawg: Would you care to elaborate? As depending on what you mean the answer varies from highly improbable to literally impossible under the current circumstances.

Of course.

Aside from technical issues I see no reason why the US and EU should be segregated.

We have a common language (English) and many other leading MMOā€™s donā€™t split the EU and US in this way.

Blizzard obviously made the decision to split the game this way from the get go, for why ? I donā€™t know.

I appreciate that now, after 15 years and 2 versions of the game being developed it would be a huge task to merge the databases and most likely just plain non viable from a cost point of view.

But itā€™s still something Iā€™d like to see, like the end to disease, famine and warfare worldwide, it aint gonna happen but Iā€™d like that to happen too.