New Realm Connections are Underway

@Trelw, and this goes for everyone who reads this:

I have some update on the connections, in america they cancelled garona, the smallest link yesterday, but said they would go through with the other 4, and they all seem to have worked, they’re marked as new player and high pop x3 now.

As for the EU, the german connections alexstrasza and lordaeron appear to have worked, I checked at 2.10 and they were online already and now showing as high and full respectively (clear sign they worked, unless they find problems and revert them), as of now the other 3 realm groups are still offline (involving lothar, which is also german and as for the english al’akir and frostmane), so we’ll see soon if they are successful with these others too.

Edit: as of now at 4.51, ALL connections have been successful this time around, good blizzard for once!

This is the overall eu result:

1. lothar + azshara were, as far as I know, both low and are now medium
  2. lordaeron + blackmoore were low and full and are now ofc full
  3. alexstrasza + madmortem were, as far as I know, medium and low and are now high
  4. al’akir + burning legion were low and high and are now high
  5. frostmane + aggra were low and high and are now high
3 Likes

What went through your small brains at Blizzard when you thought merging Al’akir/Xavius/Skullcrushed with Burning Legion a 97% Polish realm were 95% of tradechat guilds etc are on polish?? We are the same lowpop server now just trapped in poland, i feel like an immigrant. (Give us free transfers, i dont want to learn polish so i can play wow, neither should I)

8 Likes

I was always on BL and I just can apologize for the people in the chat. They were never so vocal like they are now. Guilds were always polish, but there are people today who are just spamming in polish for the sake of it…
There are some with words of reason, but i am assuming no one reasonable wants to meddle …

As a BL player for almost 10 years or more (and polish in the same time) , seeing this toxicity on the realm I wish i could get a transfer too :frowning:

8 Likes

Hey Blizzard, care to wake up soon and at least answer some of the post on the forums regarding your suberb realm merging choices?

3 Likes

any chance of blizzard addressing or acknowledging the issue with the realm mergers?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a very bad choice, it effectively kills al’akir. At least the portuguese one wasn’t that overwhelming majority, but burning legion vs al’akir is like a tiger vs a cat, no size comparison, so polish realm swallows english one.

3 Likes

Hey Blizzard, I can see you are answering other post, i would love to hear your opinion on the recent realm connection.

4 Likes

shadowlands is getting close, can we please be told if theres anymore planned connections for xavius/al’akir

2 Likes

Is there going to be any acknowledgement whatsoever to what has happened to servers being connected with server where English is no the primary language?

It’s pretty grim on Al’Akir honestly it’s as if the connection never happened the people on the connected servers are in the exact same position as they were before the merge. We can not play with any of these people no guilds are recruiting in english literally every single guild iv’e seen is only looking for Polish. The only things in english in trade at the moment are anybody selling boosts EVERYTHING else is polish.

Honestly I and I think many other people would have preferred you not merge us the server has lost all of its identity and has legit just been swallowed whole by a polish server.

7 Likes

I also am looking for an answer from Blizzard to the mess of merging Al’Akir-Skullcrusher-Xavius to Burning Legion.

3 Likes

My guild are literally waiting for 2 things. the realm we’re on being merged or ‘and that concludes the realm connections for the foreseeable’ to act accordingly… We wanna know if we’re moving realms or swapping faction etc before SL.

1 Like

I think I agree that you may have the chance to win a vote-type of contest against people who wanted to join burning legion, in my opinion the only real upside for this merge is that al’akir’s AH prices sucked, not any more now, not that badly.

Defias Brotherhood has a healthy population already. Why would you get merged?

It has a healthy population no doubt, and it has a very good faction split, 50-50, but are you aware about galakrond russian? The connection failed but it was meant to be connected to a small realm, t wasn’t done for galakrond, it was done for razuvius, at the same time it’s absolutely feasible defias gets connected to darkmoon faire or moonglade or both, time will tell, they certainly merged bigger realms.

You know blackmoore I suppose? That is double defias on each faction, connected to help a dead realm.

Yes, but I don’t understand what that has got to do with his decision. He doesn’t want more people merged to his realm, so if more are merged to DB he will transfer?
It’s the only reason I can come up with.

@Kerafyn: I think you have the situation in reverse. I believe Finn feels the numbers are going down and if they do not get connected, he and his guild will leave… Probably to Argent Dawn, which boasts higher numbers than the DB group. Though… see directly below…

@Finn: I am almost certain you will get “reinforcements” as the smaller RP 2-way and 3-way are both in dire need of connecting. As Argent Dawn is bigger, the DB group is the better option. So it is likely we will fairly soon see Argent Dawn standing alongside a RP 10-way, leaving only two English RP realms left.

2 Likes

Also this week they announced the first connection in the TW region (Spirestone being connected to shadowmoon)…

That was due to be connected with a maintenance on Wednesday but the servers were never taken down, and as far as I can tell blizzard hasn’t said anything since. It will be interesting to see what they do with that region is already heavily connected and quite dead all around and LFR ques (and finding anything else in group finder for that matter) is really a problem there.

Another awesome feature of this Al’Akir merge was that now the chat is also full of that boosting spam and can’t put the spammers to ignore because they are on another server. 10/10

Sigh, can we get more love for RP realms? DMF/ER is almost dead.

2 Likes

Move russian realms to China so they both get pissed of by stupid looking letters and any merger will proberly kill the servers when expansion hits so gl with that.

1 Like