New Realm Connections are Underway

Definitely agree. So yeah, I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

Am i dreaming or … ?

That’s very good!

I would be very surprised if Frostmane was not part of it, if you look at wowprogress or other website, it’s one of the smallest EU English stand alone server left.

1 Like

While I’m happy for my friends still on the low pop servers, I feel this is a bit too little too late, since they mentioned they had more coming about 5 years ago, some realms have faded completely into obscurity, I hope I’m wrong though.

Cant wait to see AD merged with some non-RP
RP-realm :joy:

Finally, took many years tho.

Well, better later than never!

I think they connect low and mid population realms only. Dont think they gonna connect full realms.

1 Like

Being called an ‘English’ realm has absolitly nothing to do with what language you use in chat.

It means that the client is in English. AFAIK there is no Polish or Czech client so you won’t see any realms labelled as such until Blizzard make the client in the appropriate language.

1 Like

Still it would be good if they could in some way merge the realms. I remember that back when I played on Burning Legion, you’d have non-Poles who’re really upset with finding out the majority of the population is Polish after dedicating their time and effort to creating characters there. They felt cheated, as the realm quite obviously was not English. A way of letting them know it is the case before they come to the realm would be a good idea.

1 Like

Baffling this hasn’t happened sooner. Very much of the original merges weren’t successes in my opinion. My own realm saw little change when compared to high pop realms at the time.

Very few people want to log in and see only a dozen people in major cities.

Yay!!! Please Lightbringer!!!

1 Like

Newcomers too often aren’t prepared for the practicalities of picking a realm. Many/most don’t even know that the decision is important. It is very hard for a newcomer who has fought their way to level 30 to hear that they are in the wrong place, that their character has no hope in the long term, and that they should abandon the character they have already started to bond with.

There was a time when there was reason to roll on a lower-pop realm. Realms were destroyed with CRZ, though, so the decision is now a lot simpler. Still, some English speaking beginners to somehow find their way to these realms, and some still roll on the minority faction of small realms. Some infomation in the selection screen would be good.

5 Likes

No and instead the opposite is true: “serious” role play guilds do not follow some made up server lore

2 Likes

As an RPer from Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire, I hope this will mean a merge with the other RP realms. Really could use the boost. I doubt it will happen, but hopefully it won’t be a merge with Argent Dawn, it’s already big enough.

1 Like

I would quite enjoy 1x Super RP realm if it meant that we’re looking at a clean distinction between RP and non-RP realms. Maybe even some renewed guidance rules…

5 Likes

Thanks Blizz. Any chance of getting a list of which servers will be Connected sooner rather than later? My guild is currently in the early stage of moving servers (with a couple of people already having transferred characters) due to recruitment on our current server having been impossible for the last 12 months and I imagine a lot of other guilds similarly have planned moves pending.

1 Like

I think the idea and necessity of joining a guild is dead.

Because unless you do roleplay or mythic raiding, there is no reason to join one. You can successfully pug all other content as solo.

I’ve done heroic raiding, 1800 arena rating and 15+ keys on my main, all without a guild and never saw the reason to join a guild as I was doing it.

With the exception of seeing more players in the world, this new server change isn’t going to change much if anything at all.

Unlike previous expansions or even Classic, where your guild is your lifeline to end game content.

Do you guys think even Italian or French servers will be merged with English ones? I’d like to meet people that speaks my language, but it would be great to just increase the pool of people for the AH and Guilds. :vulcan_salute:t2:

No, this will 99.999% not happen
I can see Pozzo and Nemesis being merged though as there’s no need for two Italian realms anymore. It used to be a PVE and a PVP realm but warmode made this unnecessary

This is fantastic news!!!

1 Like