New Realm Connections are Underway

I doubt it, the data I have wouldn’t suggest that anything has changed on those servers… It was part of the initial announcement of server connections all the way back on July 3rd. the servers were taken off for like 8 hours on July 8th but ultimately not connected.

Both servers are at about the 40k population mark on Raider.io so there below average even as medium servers, interestingly from the data there Grom is the lowest population server on EU, and 3 of the 5 lowest population servers on EU atm are Russian servers.

The only thing I can think of is that there were glitches with the Todeswache/Forscherliga where some characters got deleted that maybe scared them off from doing that connection now (this server also went down when they attempted that connection the first time)

@Jånek: Ok, thank you for the extra input. As noted I do not really follow Russian realms.

Hello seems like i cant loggin etc after the series of disconnections in midle of raid etc mythic dung i am getting fed up with this why not take the servers offline and get your stuff done get them up. I just canceled my sub so when this is not improving ill be leaving wow when game time is over played wow for years and still the same problems every update

Don’t spread misinformation they’re doing 7 connections this week, 2 of which they started but didn’t complete last week. The amount of individual realms in each cluster is not that relevant.

Not that anyone even said they’re doing it in any particular order, much less addressing the realms in need first, but please realize that all realms being connected are dead realms and are in need of connections.

Blizzard can’t connect all realms across 5 different region in one week. So please be patient and understand there is no bias here. Naturally not everyone can be the first to be connected.

They are 43 realms in total being connect, i have never said it was 43 connections.
How is that misinformation?

Stop being annal, you put shame to Gnomes!

1 Like

Well they’re doing 7 connections and that’s what really matters.

Tottally agree, what a rubbish company if they beleive this is a good merger…it’s ok we can pay the low low price of £17 PER CHARACTER…to get off Blizzards total balls up…or wait another over half a decade for them to add another 5 servers to the list so this cluster can set records for having the most, yet still one of the smallest realms…I try to say this without any bias, but in all my many many years of gaming, i have never seen a company be so bad at server population (from the very start of vanilla uptil now)…Mythic raiding, whats that? Ty Blizz you muppets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds pretty questionable, unless there is some sort of alliance to horde mass migration on Darksorrow we’re not aware of.

at least u got a merge some of use are still waiting on death servers, stop being ungrateful.

1 Like

Ofc miss the important part when everyone on those 2 servers told them in MOP it wasnt enough then but sure w/e .

1 Like

So about earlier, I didn’t remember about you and others tellling them that a 2-way connection wasn’t enough in mop, forums have been deleted and haven’t paid attention since it was just an alt realm, however I’m still a bit confused about the fact you consider turalyon very low: I’ve been here earlier on ally and I saw a little boost spamming in trade, admittedly not a lot, but I’ve also seen realms that don’t have any at all.

I’m not saying I can’t be wrong, I’ve only played half the time you’ve played on this realm and more casually, but I’m just asking: what way do you use to determine the realm is low, apart from the tag?

Out of those 100 guilds you harp on about half it not more have died in recent months/weeks and i would kindly ask you to get off my case its like you are agaisnt them being merged to serve your needs for mounts and BMAH rares being cheap and easy to get .
I dont have to justify anything to you this server has gone from being full and offering free transfers away to “new players” and guilds leaving one after the other on alliance so do me a favour and get off my case .

I don’t think anyone is against the server being merged, it probably will need it eventually, but when you consider all the servers in the EU region, Doomhammer is pretty middle of the road in terms of population (ranks 31/112 servers in EU right now). The way the population of wow has moved, there is a select few servers that have become overpopulated clusters as people keep transferring to them and that leaves the vast majority of servers behind and these servers all need support but prioritising the ones that need it the most makes sense and that seems to be more or less what blizzard is doing.

So why are 4 of you trying to dismiss my concern in this thread ? i will not have it the server compared to how it was is dead .
Its like talking to a brick wall with some of you really is .I notice you all spring up now but said nothing in

this thread or others we had before the forums changed but sure you think DH and Tura is fine so i guess it must be fact then even if you dont even play on the damn servers .

1 Like

@daestra … your best bet for getting hard evidence is to use the censusplus addon … you can then see exactly how many people are active on your realm, on the faction you’re currently on, at whatever time of the day it is. That would easily “get people off your back” because you would be able to say categorically “this is how many people play currently on our realm”.

For example, currently, my realm is merged with Mazrigos, and we’re looking at an average of around 160 players per faction. I’m fully aware that this is low, and hoping we’ll get merged again, however, also aware that, during peak times, that activity number rises substantially, so Blizzard have to balance the lower numbers at times like now, where we’re in a pre-expansion slump, with the higher numbers just prior and following a new expansion release.

Once they merge those realms, they want to avoid long queues at peak times, if at all possible, at the start of an expansion.

PS … current data for my realm: http://warcraftrealms.com/activity.php?serverid=700

Just out of interest … I ran a census on your realm (doomhammer/Turalyon). It took just under half an hour, from 12.30pm to almost 1am server time … give or take a few minutes. The stats were:

491 members of the alliance
328 members of the horde

I do not know what thresholds Blizzard looks at as far as min/max population goes … but if you want to complain about a realm, come to mine … half an hour ago on horde there was just over 100 online :wink:

3 Likes

Lightbringer merge please :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Seconding a plea for Lightbringer/Mazrigos. We might not be the lowest but we’re definitely down the bottom!

3 Likes

Dear Kaivax, I Hope you’re doing well.

I’m concerned about RP realms. About French RP realms. So you’re not planning to remove/drop our role play tag, are you? We love our RP realms. Please dont do something stupid about this when you’ll merge some realms together.

Pretty sure you can connect the 3 French RP realms together and have a decent enough population that the tag removal isn’t warranted, I would be extremely surprised if they did anything else.

Not trying to dismiss any concerns, im just saying that there are many realms in way worse shape and judging from the pattern we have seen so far, blizzard seems to be (generally with some exceptions) connecting the very lowest populated servers first and slowly moving up the ladder. Im sure Doomhammer is also due for a connection in due time.