New Role Play Character

Hello i have been Role Playing Lexi for about six years now and decided to take a break. I feel i am ready to come back but Role Play my hunter which is also a blood elf. I am going to race change them and was wondering what race fits a hunter well.

2 Likes

Hunter is a pretty race agnostic class.
It mostly boils down to -how- you want to RP your hunter. You can already consider the ““spec”” (it doesn’t exist in RP but it can help guide your rp). Do you want a beast ? Be a hidden sniper in the shadows ? A pathfinder ? A survivalist ? Do you want to be using bows or rifles ?

Depending on that, some cultures fit more than others.
Gun would fit more with the blackpowder races like Gnome/Dwarf/Goblin/Worgen.
Beast Mastery is particularly prominent with brutish horde races/dwarves. You can also try and do a dragonhawk tamer for a belf…
Survival is a theme that’d fit the burly races, humans but not so much the smaller gang.

2 Likes

Depends! There’s a number of archetypes you can play around with for a Hunter:

Rifleman - Usually industrious races like Dwarves or Gnomes, but ‘younger-modern’ races such as Humans can fall into this niche. Goblins definitely fit this as well. Hey, if the boom fits!

Ranger/Farstrider - Void and Blood Elves both fit this, given the Silver Covenant and Silvermoon have the wild-rangers as a significant part of their infantry corps. the Draenei/Lightforged Rangari were also an effective fighting force, the former having been wildsman, scouts and messengers when they lived on Draenor while the latter are the Army of the Light’s master marksmen.

Wildling/Roamer - This one is fairly agnostic as well. Orcs (such as Rexxar), Night Elves, Draenei or even Nightborne can fit into this. Some people just feel the call of the wilds and wanderlust takes them away from the machines and noise of the city.

As @Baerhugues said, each Hunter Spec is also fairly archetypical. Marksmanship is commonly seen as the ‘Ranger/Marksmen’ spec that most Farstriders and Gunners fall into, while the Beast Master is often the ‘Rexxar’ Wild-stalker spec. Survival, while including traps and venoms, also has quite a bit of potential as a wandering swordsman/assassin spec combined with Camouflage. While the whole class is incredibly fluid, Survival probably has the least definition and can be molded to whatever you stumble into.

I was thinking about maybe a Darkspear or Jungle Troll head hunter that uses poison on there arrows though i would need to find a guild to help me with how to rp a troll.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Painted Shields in that case.

3 Likes

Thank you Kump

1 Like

Would just like to correct a small thing here, that seems to be a common misconception when it comes to belf lore.

Farstriders aren’t really a significant part of their infantry corps, and not every ranger is a farstrider/vice versa. They are the WoW’s equivalent to belf navy seals or green berets. Elite light infantry :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can also recommend Shadow of the Empires. We put heavy emphasis on individual characters and their progression, as well as troll culture and casual, ZG-based RP.
We’re both alliance and horde hostile, however, and rarely interact with other guilds.

If you’re looking for a horde-based experience, I’d say go with the Painted Shields like Kump said! I’ve only heard good about them!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.