New Servers?

Are there any plans to release new servers for newcomers/ppl looking for a fresh start, or is Classic already abandoned?

The existing servers are not really fit for new starters as the economies are < snip >, most ppl are in full t2/r11+ gear and there is no more leveling as everyone just gets their alts boosted by mages.

A blue response would be highly appreciated.

10 Likes

No concrete plans for Blizzard, but it is something they have talked about briefly in interviews.

Might happen some time after the last phase. Or they might not care and just focus solely on TBC.

2 Likes

Plus all normal and RP servers are full. We’d like some elbow room, please.

If there were another RP-PvP Realm that’d be great. Then you could play both factions if you so desire.

1 Like

New Realms

Another solution would be to open new realms. Nowadays, a World of Warcraft realm isn’t limited by hardware as it would have been in the past. We could open one or five or ten new realms in each region if we believed that players would move to them from the overpopulated realms. However, the data we have suggests that wouldn’t happen.

In part, that’s because there’s sufficient space on the currently existing realms for all of the players who want to play. The social bonds that players make in game causes them to stick with the realm they’re on. We don’t believe that making more realms available would change that.

New realms won’t work though, people never moved to the lowest populated ones.

Fresh realms from the beginning again? - Possibly.
So everyone begins at level 1 again… who knows.

1 Like

FRESH did happen on private servers after all of progression was done. What Blizz could do, assuming TBC is coming is launch fresh vanilla realms with bit faster content progression (optionally) that then would become TBC realms (+ fresh TBC realms starting at lvl 58 if they opt for that). Such vanilla -> TBC realm could be a good carrot of moving players and getting some new ones.

Come join us on horde side Hydraxian Waterlords :wink:

So just because Blizzard won’t open new realms they have abandoned Classic?

Do you know how stupid that sounds? btw not calling the OP stupid.

3 Likes

no… but u have to admit the lack of Communication with the Community and letting bots farm freely is tho :smiley:

1 Like

Yes please!without transfers in or out ofcourse

2 Likes

After all the issues in the beginning of classic and gold exploits and abuses with layering, we really need some fresh servers (no transfers, no layers).
This would bring back some people who couldn’t stand the bumpy start of classic.
Since it doesn’t seem to be a big thing for Blizzard to open up new Realms, i hope they just would open up some new Servers and see how it works out…
Man i like to dream…

2 Likes

nope no new servers, then they would had been released already

Checking for new servers too every now and then.
Leveling is a bore with most people on 60. Especially on PvP servers.

I think the vast majority of people who are playing, started playing at the start and are already 60.

Since we have realms that have a low population, new ones will not be made. The only thing I can suggest is to make characters on as many realms as you can and during busy times do a /who of the levelling zones.

Blizzard have never opened new servers outside of when they needed new ones to handle the population growth.

Population growth is not a problem in classic, getting people to leave their mega servers with 4h+ queues and make living servers out of the the lower populated ones is.

Which means, fresh servers wont happen, cause bllizzard wants you to go to the current servers that arent already heavily populated

Edit: After tbc releases anything might happen though.

No please, no new servers. That might make me tempted to re-sub.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.